UH in Top 6 For QB Jalen Milroe

No kidding. All my neighbors who had kids in school said they were baaaad and no reason to go watch them. Different story all a sudden.

Lets hope The King can show the way this year. Lots of recognition and success will bring fan support, media coverage and other forms of notoriety. Got to show we are the place to be. So many youngsters are enamored by the prospect of leaving Houston only to learn the grass is not greener and higher at some of these “exotic” destinations.

2 Likes

and he’s really only thinking 5!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Don’t take this the wrong way but I get less excited about QB recruits than any other position. At that position, you just never know.

2 Likes

In CDH I trust. If anyone can find and develop a QB its him.

2 Likes

Wasn’t one of the knocks on Holgorsen at WVU that he was unsuccessful at identifying and developing HS quarterbacks? All of their decent QBs were transfers.

Staff’s doing good work early here in recruiting.

1 Like

I don’t think he’ll have a problem finding QB’s. If you think about it he has developed a lot of QB’s recruited by others too.

He’s good at putting the right guy in there. And he doesn’t coddle QB’s. He expects them to play well.

His problem at WVU was not in identifying and developing HS QB’s, it was getting them to come to WVU. HS QB’s of the type that he would want would have other offers from P5 schools in locations more appealing than WV.

There are a lot of considerations when selecting a college to spend the next 4 or 5 years of one’s young life. WV is a beautiful state, but it’s pretty remote and backward. It is not the kind of place most 17 or 18 year old kids would find fun or exciting. It is also hard for parents from outside a 200 mile radius to travel to. The recruiting fields in state are pretty thin and it is hard to lure out of state kids.

3 Likes

What’s there to do in Tuscaloosa or Clemson?

About the same as there is to do at WVU.

Location is irrelevant for a good recruiter and if CDH could get Levine on staff I think that would be a very positive thing.

1 Like

If D’Eriq King has a banner year and garners Heisman consideration, then I believe we can expect more dual threat QB to strongly consider UH.

1 Like

Talk about tough recruiting in WVU, I heard on talk radio here in Dallas, WVU is recruiting in
EUROPE! They said WVU gets all the local D1 players but not near enough to compete.

The lure and reputation of WVU pales in comparison to Alabama or Clemson, or just about any school in the SEC. Alabama gets kids because it’s Ala-frickin-Bama! It has a long distinguished history of NCAA championships. Seventeen NCAA championships have been won by Alabama, either under the CFP, BCS, or old way of voting by the AP and UPI. What does WVU have to show for it’s football history? I just can’t think of anything really.

2 Likes

Seventeen “self-proclaimed” “mythical” NCAA championships.

Yes, I understand that they are not officially recognized by the NCAA which is why I listed how they were determined. Regardless of ones thoughts on the validity of the championships, when you look up how many, it says 17 and that is what is accepted by the masses. Just because we aren’t allowed to play for it, it is still what is regarded as the championships under the current system, whether officially recognized by the NCAA or not.

However, they are not “self proclaimed,” they are proclaimed by the sources I listed in the original post. The only “self proclaimed” championship was by UCF, and it wasn’t recognized by anyone else.

1 Like

I thought Alabama had some of the prettiest women I had ever seen and by the time I worked in Alabama I had literally been around the world. The drawback was that many, most were BSC.

Okay
I give up
what is BSC ???

Georgia is my favorite state after Texas for “purdy women”.
Beat OU !

1 Like

Fine, remove Alabama and you still have plenty of universities in podunk towns that recruit very well specifically because of their staff and ability to sell recruits.

Even Oregon state had some top recruits from Houston because of their coaching staff.

OK coach, I’ve googled BSC and could find nothing of the 100 or so definitions, from Base Station Controller to Business Steering Committee, that would apply. What does it stand for in your post?