UH needs a depth charge on offense

He has had three recruiting classes to solve the issues of depth and talent, as well as had two seasons for him to coach the players he has up to the level they should be at. Enough of the excuses. Get it done and earn your paycheck.

12 Likes

Kyle, I agree. This is something I brought up last year. The offensive scheme needs to be changed. The ball needs to be out of the quarterbacks hand faster when the o-line is subpar and can’t hold a block. Quick reads to the skilled players to get them in open space is how AB succeeded at UH and BU. That isn’t happening. If the o-line lacks depth it doesn’t make sense to slow everything down and try to pound the ball.

As for recruiting, a lot of people on this board pointed out their thoughts on the quarterback position. While many are still hopeful for improvements, there was no reason to not bring in another quarterback to add depth to the position. There were plenty of QB’s in the transfer portal including Zappe from HBU who ended up at Western Kentucky. Now DH is claiming depth is an issue. Lol. That’s on him.

1 Like

Say this next phase in whatever exaggerated dummy voice you like, “Oh are you writing them there big checks mr. Opinion haver da derp da derp”

I say that with utmost disrespect to someone who trots that hot take out there.

4 Likes

Not joking around… these comments he said are just bad lol. How could someone even defend that.

1 Like

The schedule IS historically easy. And the bar was set after Applewhite was fired.

1 Like

Have you ever heard a coach say “everything looks hunky dorey”?

5 Likes

The entire interview gives a different picture. He is not happy with the depth, not the offense as a whole. He is concerned about depth.

8 Likes

CDH isnt whining or making excuses.He is stating facts about current depth situation at some positions. He will resolve them. He needs 2 more OLs, he will get them. He needs 2 more WRs…He will get them…Thats what the transfer portal is for, and CDH is very adept at using it.
.Getting a good, experienced transfer QB a little tougher… we’ll see.
CDH has a good team and expects to win…We all expect same…
I see 9 wins, maybe 10.

6 Likes

that qb comment is kinda infuriating …
weve been calling for him to bring in an experienced qb for over 2 years, he didnt offer a single noteable qb, not one…as early as a 2months ago was still hyping up tune as the guy… we struggle some in spring stuff and now he decides its time to go look for some qbs when NO ONE is available…

9 Likes

Yes, listen to the entire interview, everyone is just reading what some are posting from bits and pieces. He’s not saying they don’t have an offense, he’s saying depth is the issue and that is what they are working out.

6 Likes

This… All of this. This is not a surprise problem.

He’s thrown Tune under the bus before. I have no idea how Tune has any confidence playing under CDH.

1 Like

3 Likes

i think its the opposite, i think holgs has put too much faith in him, he crowned tune our 2year starter his first presser after king left, a few months ago said we were fine at QB that we had tune for 2 more years (extra year)… even in this article he says he says he likes tunes progress but that no one is really pushing him. all the freshman QB really look like freshman

3 Likes

Crossing fingers.

And who is responsible for the depth issue in year 3? Answer: Holgorsen

3 Likes

I’m not saying he’s not responsible , I’m saying everyone needs to listen to the entire interview instead of bits and pieces of what people post. There is depth, just not what he’s looking for. Didn’t they sign offensive players this year?

4 Likes

I’m really surprised that WR is the position that’s been hard to get depth at. Seems like that would be the easiet position to improve. Hopefully there are some transfers out there that can come in and boost the depth.

1 Like

Making this much of a fuss over the need for a backup qb?

Primarily we need more depth on the OL.

2 Likes

Depth has little to do with bodies. What don’t y’all not understand about that? It’s about how many guys you can get on the same page at a time.

He can’t see what he has until each year unfolds. Just like guys surprise us, they also surprise their coaches.

If anything he can be blamed for being too trusting of certain players but that’s not all on the coach. This isn’t the NFL he can’t cut every player who doesn’t literally get with the program and go find someone else. Then you’d be back in the same boat regarding the unknown.

He CAN be blamed if kids don’t understand the plays. He’ll need to simply the terminology. That’s 100% on him.

2 Likes