UH new hires: Kendal Briles and Randy Clements

I think you over estimate the scope of the problem. If we continue to lose games changes will come quickly I imagine then everyone else will come back, if we win those fans will be at least temporarily replaced on the physical sense…

2 Likes

We could have Satan coaching UH we would still support UH. AAC championship!!!

2 Likes

I’m surprised at the hire, as Dr. Khator wouldn’t want to appear tone-deaf to the inevitable protests, and some will accuse her of such. From a football perspective, the hire couldn’t have been better. From a public relations perspective, this will need to be finessed by the administration, and carefully so as to not endanger relationships with donors and corporate partners for all the other things we need money to do.

Kids, our Offense just got instantly better. How the rest of it plays out, we will have to wait and see.

7 Likes

Our previous OC leaving just after a few months was a clear indication that “our product” was unacceptable to our leaders. Major changes had to be made. These hires as controversial as they may be are about ticket sales. We have made huge investments in the last ten years. I am sure a clear message is to follow from Mrs. Khator. What is the current state of college football? It is controlled by a few. Every G5 School/Team wants to get in. Aresco’s comments told every AAC leaders that we have no shot if we stay the course. Our program was going backward with consequences to follow. We have got two/three years to sell out our stadium. We better win big and fast. There is a P5 train to catch and we better get on it.

2 Likes

My reading comprehension must be off, I didn’t and still don’t see that in the second half of your post

As you should know, Satan already has a school in Austin so he would NEVER coach at UH.

6 Likes

Great Hire! Bring that explosive Houston offense back to the homeland. Welcome back to the Cougar Family.

5 Likes

No doubt, Briles can coach. Best said thing I can say is, I
Ike winning and don’t think he’ll create a culture of rape here. Really strange to type that…

3 Likes

I never wrote that he will "create a culture of rape here"Cougardue.

Exactly. That part is going to be up to Pezman to handle. I know UH has been absolutely terrible in that regard in the past. It’s a gamble that has to be handled correctly. On top of that, you better win and win big. Another middling season after this isn’t going to work.

3 Likes

I don’t think we are going to lose with Briles.

I certainly wasn’t trying to imply you had

Great hire.

I dont understand this moral grandstanding. If baby Briles committed crimes then lock him up, if not let him work. Baby Briles is going to have a job regardless of the moral outrage that goes on here, while we sink into irrelevance and attendance drops back down to 20k.

3 Likes

YASSSSS

It was an obvious cover up, the fact nobody has been locked up for it, is the problem

3 Likes

I’m all in. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Bye, can I buy your tickets?

2 Likes

Please leave politics out of the sports forums.

I don’t think this changes things with Kyle. But he should consider hanging around.
Kendal could unlock his potential.

2 Likes