UH president Renu Khator open to another Houston-Texas football matchup

Why did not other P5 invite us? Don’t you think it is in uta best interest to have us “blocked” from any P5 invite? We get invited by a P5? What do you think happens next on the recruiting trail? uta has everything to gain to keep us in the ditch. It has nothing to do with new facilities but it has and always has been about recruiting. That is why they “officially” said we did not add anything to the table. Money is no object to uta. Getting the top recruits IS THE REASON. What happened when we were part of the SWC? How many Championships in a row did we get? uta knows full well that “locking the door” on us every which way they can is a benefit to them. The minute we get invited to a P5, any P5 their recruiting top recruits will crumble.
Long game to destroy us???
Do you think for a second that uthouston was designed on tissue paper and put together at the last second?
Seriously???
uta sees us as major threat in academics and athletics. Their behavior speaks for itself.
Go ahead, deny any point that I have brought up?

5 Likes

Actually If you read history of the Big 12, Nebraska was a great opponent of equal revenue sharing. So Nebraska was a beneficiary of unequal revenue sharing. AAU membership has nothing to do with athletic conference affiliation. I am not sure why they lost that designation, but I do recall reading that at least 2 Big 10 AAU members voted to expel Nebraska, and this was after Nebraska joined the Big 10.

2 Likes

UT does see UH as a threat almost certainly, and have the power to block UH entry to the Big 12. But I doubt UT has the power to force Pac and ACC to not add UH.

Basically you are saying that UT is so powerful it can force Pac and ACC to act against their own best interests and potentially cost their members millions of $ in increased revenue, just because UT can force them do so. Sorry but that seems really far fetched. Why would west coast and east coast conferences give a damn about what UT wants? UT wanted the LHN and Pac said no deal.

Pac and ACC are struggling to keep up in the revenue race, they need all the help they can get. I don’t think they’ll defer to UT one bit. UT only has the power to keep us out of the Big 12.

4 Likes

because both conferences are lusting after UT to join their conference.

Have you heard of ?
I protect your turf and I will protect yours.
The same exact thing is happening with UCF.
I will ask you another way.
What do you think will be the implications of U of H going to the ACC, PAC or SEC?
Do you remember that U of H is the third followed School in the State of Texas?
So who is blocking whom and why?

3 Likes

Ok yeah, that is a valid point. While UT and OU remain as potential members, all other expansion/realignment moves will remain on hold. Let’s see how things unfold as the current Big 12 Grant of rights comes to an end and they have to sign a new one prior to negotiating a new media deal.

1 Like

If true, then whomever wins the ut battle will be the BIG LOSER !!

2 Likes

Lol!! They might see it differently if adding UT adds millions to their coffers. It all about money! Nothing else matters.

Agreed. People tend to believe that athletic performance or benefits are the primary reason for jumping. Rarely the case really.

1 Like

I could mention that they didn’t want Nebraska and especially A&M to leave the Big 12 but couldn’t stop that from happening. Or that A&M was on a run of completely dominating UT when the Big 12 formed while we were in the gutter, so if they wanted to get rid of the biggest threat at the time it would have been A&M. Or also bring up that if they wanted as little recruiting threat as possible they should have squashed TCU’s rise. But when someone’s POV is basically “that’s what they want you to believe” there’s just no real way to argue with that.

Enjoy InfoWars.

Im sorry this comment makes no sense.

Texas has the power to keep us out of the XII. That’s it.

As of the most recent round of expansion we were not valuable enough to the ACC/SEC/PAC/BIG.

Could that change? Yes. But it has nothing to do with Texas.

Is the PAC waiting on UT/OU to sign a GOR with the XII or go to a new conference before they look to other possible members? Yes. But that has nothing to do with UT “holding UH back”.

Don’t play Texas in anything. I still remember the dozen UH cars at Memorial with flattened tires after we beat their butts… worst fans on the planet.

As for P5, we only need one shoe to fall, whether it is a move by TU/OU, or by a preemptive strike by Big, ACC or PAC…
Once the first domino falls, it will be a free for all, and yes, those smoke filled back room wink wink deals all go up in smoke where UH, Cincy and UCF are all of a sudden in someone else’s P5 backyard…

This is going to happen. Period.

4 Likes

Eight years ago, not twenty years ago the PAC10 invited Utah and Colorado. They tried to get uta but uta refused to take a backseat and be equal to other members. So you are telling me that the Utah and Colorado markets were equal or more viable than U of H? They also knew then that they had a major issue with kick off time. Including U of H would and will solve this rating issue. Everybody knew officially in 2010 that we were building a new stadium. U of H was and is right there open for an invite. All ratings and academia speak in our favor. Do you still think that uta has nothing to do with this? What other explanation(s) do you have that tells you otherwise? History speaks for itself. You can easily see the ramifications of U of H joining the PAC12.

3 Likes

That IS the most classless thing you could do to someone…flatten their tires!

2 Likes

So you think Texas not only screwed over the PAC, but also convinced the PAC not to take UH?

These are the schools added to the PAC/SEC/BIG in the last 30 years:

SEC: (Arkansas/Texas A&M/Missouri/South Carolina) All state flagship schools (except TAMU, but its the 2nd in Texas) and touching SEC territory (Missouri/TAMU are AAU).

BIG: (Penn St./Nebraska/Maryland/Rutgers) All state flagship schools (AAU as well, Nebraska was later kicked out) and touching BIG territory.

PAC: (Colorado/Utah) Colorado is AAU and they are the state flagship school and touch PAC territory.

The Texas Tribune Festival in Austin … Is PRIMARILY a gathering of BOTH political parties discussing topics in helping our state and its constituents …

Interesting that reps from the state schools were in attendance … NOT … the major private or “church” colleges …

I AM NOT too interested whether Renu made the invitation to a game … AS MUCH …

As UT’s AD Del Conte praising our prez … THIS IS SIGNIFICANT on several fronts …

The animosities from the old UT regimes appear to be gone … and like the B1G rep from another posting has noted UH’s rise in stature in our area … specifically with the financial support, facilities, and medical school … so have the horns and their admin …

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE … how this will play to expansion when realignment comes … just around the corner if not sooner …

2 Likes

of all these schools only Utah was elevated from the G5, all the others simply shifted between P5 conferences.

Well TCU was also elevated! All they needed was DeLoss Dodd saying he wanted them in the Big 12!

The PAC12 needs all the help they can get. By saying no in 2011 does not mean they will say no the next time around. This leaves the door open to get even more leverage than in 2011. That is negotiation 101. Does the PAC12 need a partner now or does the PAC12 needs a partner now?
uta now holds all of the leverage.

Playing Texas or Rice means nothing to me or any teams in the b12 for that matter except mybe Oklahoma they seem to be pretty fun to play

1 Like