UH to resume workouts

That still does not explain why the CDC and Fauci were so wrong on their assessment. Fauci has been the Director of the NIAID, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984
We would think his 1/4/2020 comment was right. So what happened? He keeps going back and forth on mask, confinement and schools closures/openings. On one TV interview he is all for it. The next day he makes contrary statements.
Our President makes a statement about Hydroxy. Why should this be even political? You and I can have different views. This virus has no political opinion. Every possible “help” to lessen the effect of the virus ought to be considered within reason of course. Especially at the time Hydroxy was mentioned we had nothing/zero to combat the virus.
The fact that the WHO and the CDC were against wearing a mask in the early stages of this virus speaks volume for the so called experts. Everyone knows that wearing a mask or PPE in a dangerous environment is a must. Do you think the 95 mask was created for the COVID-19 virus? No it has existed and other versions for many years.
Instead of arguing about politics we should all work together to combat this virus. The role that the media has played since the start of this virus is unforgivable. Instead of being united the media did everything to divide us. We should all look at the damage that the media has done. The only answer to this virus is to wear a mask, be cognisant of your own health and stay the blip at home if you develop a fever. We now know what the real death rate is and that more than 98% of the population recovers. That is where we should concentrate our effort and angst on. Directing it a or more politicians is fundamentally destructive and divide us as a nation.

2 Likes

Not getting into all that. Just wanted to address the flu tracking piece.

1 Like

I think you are exactly right. No one can expect 20 somethings to social distance. They are 20, the mindset of a 20 year old young man isn’t “I should stay at home and social distance” it is “If I don’t get past all aspects of social distance between me and that young lady, some other guy will, so screw all the advice.” It just is what it is.

There is a reason the south is blowing up. It is A/C, we tend to go inside during the summer. So if you have a big gathering inside, the A/C is going to push the virus through the air. The A/C also dehumidifies the air so the cool dry air pushes the virus to all areas of the room.

The north blew up in the winter because they are inside. We are blowing up in the summer because we are inside. It is not a question of if anymore, it is when.

Russell,
Look at the 2nd red bullet from TMC.

To claim “The only thing really increasing is the amount of test given” is incorrect . The percent testing positive is increasing.

3 Likes

Fauci and his type are playing both sides of the fence.

Has to be $$$$$ involved !!

Where are flu numbers ??

I guess there was no seasonal flu this year ! Unless you count the Covid virus.

Even though we’ve had an increased # of tests in the last few days, it’s not a huge increase. We are finally testing more per day than we were in early May. The big change has been the % positive, which increased from around 3% in early May to over 20% last week. That’s an indication of community spread, not an increase in # of tests.

4 Likes

Exactly.

In South Carolina, governor says cancelling all football in fall possible.

Losing football may be the thing that spurs more people in the South to wear masks. We know HS and college football are not trivial things in these parts.

7 Likes

Over 50,000 new infections today. Just heard an 11 year old has died from COVID-19. If we as a country don’t mask up and practice social distancing we’re in for a major problem. Found the following a few minutes ago.

Coronavirus USA: US sees new daily COVID-19 case record, passing 50K

The United States and South Africa have both reported record new daily coronavirus infections, with U.S. figures surpassing 50,000 cases a day for the first time, underlining the challenges still ahead as nations press to reopen their virus-devastated economies.

The U.S. recorded 50,700 new cases, according to a tally kept by Johns Hopkins University, as many states struggled to contain the spread of the pandemic, blamed in part on Americans not wearing masks or following social distancing rules.

Surging numbers in California prompted Gov. Gavin Newsom to announce just ahead of the Fourth of July weekend that he was closing bars, theaters and indoor restaurant dining over most of the state, a region that includes about 30 million people and Los Angeles County.

“The bottom line is the spread of this virus continues at a rate that is particularly concerning,” Newsom said.

Confirmed cases in California have increased nearly 50% over the past two weeks, and COVID-19 hospitalizations have gone up 43%. Newsom said California had nearly 5,900 new cases and 110 more deaths in just 24 hours.

1 Like

We are testing twice as much in Texas as we were two weeks ago.

2 Likes

What about the other 7000 that die every day in America from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, suicide, murder and so much more. I want to know the plan to stop that because until we do we need to hide from death.

3 Likes

What about the other 7000 that die every day in America from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, suicide, murder and so much more. I want to know the plan to stop that because until we do we n

56000 tests yesterday. That is a lot. From April 4 to May 29 we had 960000 tests. That is 55 days. We did over a million in the next 30 days. We also have never seen a higher than 14% positive rate according to the state. 93% of the deaths are over the age of 50 so I feel that the team is safe.

90000 have recovered. 7200 are in hospitals across the state. 83000 have it and have not recovered and are not in a hospital. 2525 deaths that 94% were over the age of 50. Yep, let’s not have football. While we are at it we need to stop driving and eating bad food and drinking and smoking. All of which have killed more in Texas this year.

Just last year heart disease and cancer killed over 80000 people in Texas. Covid has some work to do to catch up.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/TexasCOVID19CaseCountData.xlsx

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/texas/texas.htm

1 Like

Gang,

The 12 year old son of one of my co-workers was just admitted to the ICU last night. A diabetic boy, his blood sugar was sky high, and he tested positive for COVID. He’s still in the hospital.

Please pray.

10 Likes

Praying for the young man and his family!

1 Like

I thought it was 50,000 per hour.

Well, might as well be as they are throwing around meaningless numbers.

Tragic. God bless him and his hopeful recovery.

2 Likes

Well, they’re still going to die. This isn’t a zero sum game.

But we have millions of dollars in cancer research, diabetes research, heart research and the like going on all the time in pretty much every university and teaching hospital and many other institutions (like private companies, the CDC and the like).

I guess your solution is to do nothing? Let 'em die because other people are dying?

What do we do with the heart patient or cancer patient who needs surgery or long-term treatment, but can’t get into a hospital room because Covid patients are taking every available room? What do we say to the family of the stroke patient who catches Covid in a hospital overrun with Covid patients?

I could go on and on. You don’t have a plan. You don’t have logic or morality or anything supporting your rants. Unbelievable.

5 Likes

First off, people die. It is a hard thing to swallow. It people die. Old people die more than young people. Morality aside it is not my duty as a human to make sure you take care of yourself. It is not the governments job either. I care for others and I don’t want people to die but they do. Your plan is what? Hide inside from a virus that has no cure? Hope for a vaccine while waiting for your next 1200 dollars from the government to buy some food? Your logic says you know what is best for me and everyone else because why? I was at the doctors office today. 60 chairs sat empty because no one was there. What about the preventative medicine not happening right now because everyone is scared to leave the house? What about the nurses getting laid off because there is no work? What about hospitals mislabeling patients dead from covid when they died from something else entirely? I guess as long as it is for the greater good right? What about that stroke victim or heart surgery patient that now has to go to the ER because they were told to stay home and didn’t make it to a doctors visit that could have prevented the escalation in health problems? I don’t understand people like you that deal in worst case scenarios no matter what. How about we go on with our lives and keep the government out of our lives. Tell me why 10 year olds don’t have to wear a mask but healthy adults do. Why can I not go to a bar but I can join 375 people at Home Depot? Why can I take my mask off at the restaurant when I eat but can’t go to a bar? Why can I go to a protest but not the beach? There is no plan. This was a 2 week process back in March to flatten the curve and now it is a forever time until the cure is invented?

8 Likes