UH vs TSU score predictions

This!
Our win will have several folks claiming we will be in a New Years Day bowl game.

2 Likes

Every job in the secondary should be up for grabs. This game should be our Lamar. 77-0.

I’d rather watch an inter-squad scrimmage than this game. Bunch of local kids getting absolutely destroyed…73-7

I’m OK with pulling the starters after a half, depending on how they look. He wants/needs to build depth so even if the starters aren’t all that impressive, I still expect to see 2s and 3s most of the second half.

UH 48
TSU 13

63-10 Coogs. This will be a “get well” game for the defense.

Really hard to guess scores on games like this because we don’t know (a) when the starters will be pulled, and (b) if the back ups will be able to score. But just for grins, I’ll go with 63 - 10 Coogs. @tccoog10 beat me to it.

49-3 Houston

Time to pull a Nesbitt on D’Onofrio if they score 45+

If you think our back ups get beat 21-0 by TSU then why are we expecting to have a winning season? Our back ups are far worse than bad SWAC players?

I just looked up how TSU has done in their 3 games this year and noticed that they have used 2 QBs who have combined for 7 INTS. Their opponents to date have been UT-Permian Basin (26-16 W), Texas State (20-36 L) and Alcorn State (15-27 L). If I may extrapolate a bit:

UTPM is in the Lone Star Conference (FCS). They are 0-3 with losses to Northern Michigan (22-27) and Midwestern State (21-43) in addition to TSU.

Texas State is in the Sun Belt conference. They are 1-2 on the year with their only win being TSU. They lost 7-35 to Rutgers and 31-41 to South Alabama.

Alcorn State is in the SWAC. They are 2-1 on the year with wins over TSU and Louisiana College (78-0). Their one loss was 0-41 against Georgia Tech.

All that to say, for anyone concerned that TSU is going to embarrass our defense this weekend, please take a step back from the ledge. Yes, our defense is bad. No, they are not going to struggle against TSU.

Our defense is pitiful.

We’ll win 77-7.

1 Like

Get the W. Develop "personnel " and get out of the game healthy.

1 Like

But not the “local kids” that supposedly all the Big 12 schools are worried about coming to UH if we were to get in the Big 12…

I don’t really care what the score is as long as we win and we use this game as a learning experience. Learning experience for EVERY coach and EVERY player.

Experiment with schemes, personnel, etc.
Use timeouts to teach/coach/etc. This is the last chance we will get at an opportunity like this.

1 Like

Now that I have thought about it some more, I wouldn’t mind if we played the starters for the Q1 and 2s and 3s the rest of the game.

1 Like

I hope I am wrong, but I find this week to closely resemble the week prior to the Rice game. Everyone is assuming we’ll be kicking some serious *ss in the first 15 minutes, then coast the rest of the way. My hope is the results Saturday are not the same . . . . . .

1 Like

Problem is beating the snort out of TSU will not get rid of this gawd awful taste.

1 Like

Or erase that all time disastrous defensive effort or lost.

2 Likes

If this defense allows TSU to be successful then the DC should be fired that night. No way this happens. lol

2 Likes

TSU may get a couple of TDs in garbage time.

UH 65
TSU 13