Unacceptable

Do you understand the difference between zone and man? We played very little zone today. I think people just make crap up or decide that if a Pass was complete…we must be in zone smh

3 Likes

Actually we had a missed PAT and a missed field goal. That is why the coaches switched kickers and Dalton Witherspoon did not have a miss.

1 Like

Penn St just won 45-38 at home vs Appalachian St in OT. Gave up 28 4th qtr Points. Everybody should have a cream soda and relax

8 Likes

Yeah the run blocking push has to improve… wasn’t good last year, hope it gets better. The Briles offense has lots of hard nosed run plays.

1 Like

Briles

Rice is much improved! U of H offense took a little while to get going but reeled off 577 total yds! The defense needs to make some adjustments, but the Rice staff had a pretty good plan. We will play people who have lots more talent but not as well coached. I still have some questions about CMA, but I think this can be a very good season!

3 Likes

While I did not see Owens make many plays at MLB…if he is out, we got problem at MLB.

Not impressed with number 14 either…although he was covering a pretty good reciever. He needs to be “taught” to look for the ball !!!

2 Likes

Owens is credited with 1 tackle. I saw him on the field quite a bit. not sure what the deal was.

Austin Robinson was beast today as well.

3 Likes

He played pretty well. Couple good run fits and defense couple passes

1 Like

I have been waiting patiently for Marquez Stevenson to get back, and boy, he did not disappoint! This guy has Demarcus Ayers written all over him. He can do it all and he is going to be a major weapon in this offense.

Also, I was REALLY happy to see Bryson Smith bounce back so well from that muffed punt. Ended up catching the 2 point conversion then that fantastic catch along the sideline. I think the jitters got to him when catching punts. He did much better as a WR when he didn’t have so much time to think about things. He’s going to be very, very good as well.

5 Likes

It’s hard to tell on tv but Marquez is WAY faster than Ayers. If you’re going to the game next week you’ll be able to see how much faster. Ayers was quick but didn’t have that top level speed. No disrespect to Ayers, love him but you’ll see.

3 Likes

Owens got hurt in the first quarter, he had ice on his left knee for most of the first half.

Oh yeah, didn’t mean speed-wise. Just talking versatility. Marquez was returning kicks, taking hand offs and catching passes. And that kid can fly! He’s going to be really fun to watch this year.

2 Likes

yep. was my fav recruit other than oliver in the 2016 class. he is going to be a beast for us if healthy.

Much faster than Ayers was or will be. Stevenson finished 2nd in the 100m or 200m State finals in LA believe. Pray10 can confirn!

1 Like

With the title, I thought for sure this thread would be about SMU/UNT.

the fact we had to “adjust” vs rice is sad.

Gotcha!! Totally agree!

i saw the game. they gave up 17 points…7 of which was in garbage time so actually 10 points. they forced 2 fumbles and had an INT. How exactly did they “suck?”