Unacceptable

I am still feeling it after today’s bobbles. :exploding_head:

Bright side! How many bubble screens did we see?

5 Likes

Alfred won’t be happy until we fire CMA.

Overall we looked like hot garbage in 1st half and unlike last year we made adjustments and looked pretty damn good in the 2nd half

10 Likes

Rewatched the game. Rice always rushed at least 5. Often they brought 6 or 7. They were selling out against the run by overmanning the OLine with numbers.

The biggest issue that MUST BE ADDRESSED TODAY is play action pass coverage. We got beat on 6 or 7 3rd down conversions on play action and Rice hit a wide open WR on a 3rd DOW for a TD. That was poor preparation and slow adjustment…

4 Likes

And we had 10 men on a punt team, a fumbled punt inside the 10, another bobbled punt, smith kept drifting to catch punts… special teams coach should not feel comfortable about his job right now.

4 Likes

Agreed. James Casey needs to get his crap together.

5 Likes

he should have never been the special teams coach to begin with. casey doesnt have special teams experience playing nor coaching. applewhite should have hired a special teams coordinator last season. thats on him.

7 Likes

Although I agree Casey has no special teams coordinating experience, Casey played a lot of special teams in the NFL. A lot…

5 Likes

Didn’t prove he can coach it on Saturday.

1 Like

The Saturday Nite/Sunday Morning Wah-Wah Birds are in full flight.

3 Likes

Applewhite ran his failed offense in the first half.

The big mistakes on special teams drove me crazy.

The biggest worry is the pass defense. Even their backup qb passed at will.

2 Likes

Not true, making stuff up on multiple threads, huh?

1 Like

Our pass defense will be torched if not improved. Reminds me of no defense Sumlin teams. Can’t outscore every team.

1 Like

My 2 cents :
Offensive scheme is terrific
OL is not good yet
We run better with a running back on offense than we do with fullbacks
Defensive line terrific as expected
Austin Robinson is very good
Corners and safeties are much closer to the receivers than last year but need to turn around and look for the ball
Rice was 11 for 22 on 3rd downs - Terrible
Our delay blitzes are ineffective and predictable
Rice looked a whole lot better prepared for us than we were for them
We need to be way better this week

2 Likes

I would add Roman Brown was amaze balls.

3 Likes

Remember, teams improve the most between games one and two. Rice already had a game under their belt. The coaching staff has now had a chance to see how everyone plays in a game at full speed.

Did Smith catch punts like that during practices? I doubt it. The staff saw how the secondary got torched, they saw how the special teams struggled. I also believe that CMA and CKB did not open up the play vault for game one. The offense opened up some in the second half. You have games against UA and TT, you don’t want to show them everything in the playbook.

3 Likes

Their punter is NFL caliber. Probably won’t have to field those types of booming punts again this year.

3 Likes

Wow. You are just looking for the dark cloud behind every silver lining.

4 Likes

That’s right. Back to the CUSA type games! Final 59-57