Uncomfortable conversation - attendance

I’m disappointed with attendance but we all know that can improve with wins.

I’ve been at every game this year. I’ve only missed about 10 games in 25 years.

What I can’t stand are people complain about attendance when they offer excuses that they have to attend their kids high school events and then complain about about attendance. If you’re not part of the solution, then shut up.

I get it. Kids, Family, pets are more important than football. I empathize with you. But you’re not a part of the solution - and at same time I’m not saying you are part of the problem but you may also be just that. I don’t know, I’m being non -judgmental But calling me out as a douche when you complain about attendance and you’re not part of the solution is unacceptable.

Just win. Just support. Quit the whining if you don’t intend to be part of the solution.

2 Likes

No more NRG please

5 Likes

OK, we may be talking about 2 different things here. People who don’t give a darn about Tulsa tuned in to see Tulsa give OSU a hard time. I am talking about EXPOSURE on a nationwide level. You mentioned the Louisville game- that’s what I’m talking about. They were talking about Houston on the TV on the left coast! Shoot when UH beat FSU people were talking about us. IF we’re moving to the big time then our schedule should LOOK like it. We sure as he** aren’t increasing our brand playing Rice and Grambling (no insult to either)

2 Likes

Then those “UH people” have been living under a rock since 1996, because that is how long we have been playing those teams.

No more games in NRG. We didn’t build TDECU for all our big games to be off campus.

11 Likes

I thought the food was great. Started with a fruit and cheese selection. Next I had a garden salad with an excellent ranch dressing. My entree was roast beef, french green beans, and roasted fingerling potatoes. Desert was red velvet cake cupcakes, brownies, lemon bars, and ice cream.

2 Likes

Hard to pass on the money. I think the Texas kickoff is fine but don’t do it for other games

2 Likes

there is zero hype or excitement around our team or program in general. zero.

9 Likes

I’m hyped and excited about our team

5 Likes

Sounds pretty good to me.

I think what COVID has done to the average, urban sports fan should not be under estimated, it will probably be years before attendance gets back to normal for sporting events. I went to the Astros game today and they were handing out Yordan bobbleheads to the first 10,000 fans, they were still handing out bobbleheads in the 4th inning… should they fire Dusty Baker and start the rebuild? On a side note it was nice getting Killen’s and beer without having to stand in a line.

5 Likes

UCLA

Yeah it’s possible if you keep winning. I’m sorry but Houston is a pro sports city. Just look at Miami. If you don’t win in a big pro sports town fans won’t come.

If we finish this season Top 25 with at least 9 wins im sure attendance will be up next season

1 Like

When did UH ever play Florida?

If we lose to Tulsa and Tulane you might see 15k for the next home game

4 Likes

$9-13 a beer. That’s crazy.

I think that some of you are underplaying the role that the pandemic is playing in all of this. I lost two relatives last month to Covid, which made me rethink my plans of attending games this year. I had already renewed my season tickets and was excited to get going again.

Compounding the problem is that while I am fully vaccinated, there are members of my household who are not at this time (by choice). I hope they have a change of heart, but I would not be able to live with myself if I brought the virus into our home and caused one of my loved ones to become seriously ill (or worse). Sorry, but some things in this world are just more important to me than sports.

10 Likes

4 Likes