UT/UTSA Series

No one is saying UT owes us anything. Bleachergate is probably the most petty squabble ever that happened years ago. Much more serious events have occurred since then and before. Seriously.

You try to hide behind this veil of ‘reality’ to forward a UT agenda. The sooner you admit your agenda, the better so you can quit wasting your and our time here. Please run off to Orangbloods or Burnt Orange Nation with the rest of your fellow UT brethren so y’all can talk about UH all you want

1 Like

It’s a reddit post about something that happened 16 years before the post was made so its obviously still a topic that’s being discussed.

It’s not on ABC news, nor even ESPN, but it is a topic. I didn’t say it’s still of huge relevance nowadays but it is a black eye that is still lingering.

Bleachergate isn’t why we aren’t playing UT. That’s an excuse if anyone is still making it. It isn’t because of fear either… not for the most part anyway.

They don’t need to play us to play in Houston. They can get those games by playing Rice who will give in to lopsided deal and has no chance of beating them.

5 Likes

Exactly Randy but that explanation won’t be well received by those that need a boogie man to blame for our position.

1 Like

Exactly, but that doesn’t fit the narrative some just apparently really need.

The simple facts at this point are. There is no really good reason for Texas to play us from their perspective not when there is a vastly undertalented team who will agree to every term they set forth from jump

1 Like

Confirmed: You ARE a UT fan!

3 Likes

You believe in the Boogie Man??? You have mentioned this several times…

The problem I believe is that some people assume that “logic” and “fear” are mutually exclusive: they are not.

If I chose not to play someone because they might beat me, and I instead chose to play someone that I know I can beat, I am certainly being “logical,” but I am doing so out of fear of losing.

That “there is nothing to gain” by playing the better team is a red herring. What am I gaining by beating the patsy?

And the “possibility of losing” is even more of a red herring. Losing to a good team is simply a good loss, whereas losing to the patsy can be a CFP-killing, if not season-ending loss.

So yes, I believe “fear” is the correct term (conceding its survivalist logic) when describing the feelings of UT towards us, notwithstanding the condescending comments of those who apparently enjoy parroting their narrative.

4 Likes

You play the patsy because they will give you a 2:1 or better. In Rice’s case, the 1 is at NRG which will basically be a UT home game.

So, the decision is also partially a financial one. Yes, there is a “fear” component. That’s not nearly all of it though.

Indeed, he is! And some of us have to constantly guard against wishing we had simply played the game, with many of the whorn fans getting killed if the stands had collapsed; maybe some of the trolls now posting here would not be doing so if that had happened!

The UH administration did ALL the whorn fans a favor - probably saved many of their lives; and this is what we get! As the old saying goes, “No good deed goes unpunished”!

1 Like

The boogie man is a mythical creature kind of like believing that UT hates us and is afraid to play us.

1 Like

rtcoog,

We will never know whether UT would accept to play us with a with a 2:1 deal precisely because we are not the patsy Rice is, and would never offer such a deal.

But assuming for arguments sake (to take the financial aspect out it), do you really believe given an equal offer of a 2:1 deal, they’d choose to play us over Rice?

While I agree there are logical reasons (like financial ones) behind playing Rice versus us, those reasons more often than not have “fear” underlying them, if not actually motivating them.

You have taken it to a new level EatemUp! You are “wishing that the stands had collapsed and killed many whorn fans?? “
That kind of comment is exactly why posters on this board should remain anonymous.

1 Like

I have no idea.

No worries RTCoog,

My comments were more directed at some others who apparently enjoy parroting the narrative of UT and the Big-12.

While there’s nothing “wrong” with that per se, their pretension that they are simply being logical needs correction from time to time.

Sorry if I came across as short with a long time fellow Coog.

2 Likes

No, I am not at all - I said that many have to guard against that wish, which I have done very successfully! But, as I said, good deeds seldom go unpunished.

1 Like

You had the thought and expressed it. That’s all I need to hear. Have a nice day Mr EatemUp!

1 Like

A lot of people had the thought. Did not mean they wanted it to happen.

Get over yourself !!!

Mr Bear

1 Like

Whether I think UT doesn’t hate us, or they do, or whatever, we are all hoping UH beats OU and makes it back to a big bowl. All his debate is just banter. Sometimes a little bit more sternly than chewing the fat about the lawn, but none of this is all that serious.

So no need to take this thread down a dark path.

Got it Mrs. EatEmUp!
Go Coogs except for the dark thinking ones.

1 Like