We need to grow

This is easy.

You grow your stadium when you have a waiting list for season tickets.

Right now, let’s keep the pressure on people to buy season tickets in order to see the Big 12 teams, i.e. keep the stadium as is…

1 Like

I love FC just the way it is. There currently are no bad seats in the house and it can get plenty raucous in there.

1 Like

Waiting list or no waiting list, we’re not going to be expanding the Fertitta Center.

3 Likes

:joy: lets see how this thread turns when we have a game where the crowd is light.

How can we expand FC even if we wanted to? Tear down the ceiling and put another deck over it the current configuration? I’m not an engineer or architect so I like to know what y’all think.

Instead of building up, build down! Go deeper into the earth and make seats and a new court! :joy:

No, we already did that. The floor is about 15 feet below natural ground already which is why it flooded so badly during construction with about 15 feet of water inside.

1 Like

We need a moat with bridges

2 Likes

One of the concepts that the board of regents voted on for renvoations when it came to FC was one where the ceiling was to be raised to make it more adaptable for concerts and stuff. If they can raise the ceiling then sure they can find a way to add some seats if need too. That raised ceiling concept didnt get picked because it was like $30 million more or something like that to do so.

1 Like

I was just kidding

I don’t think they built FC to be able to expand. Where are they gonna put new seats???

let Capitalism take over and dictate the price, maybe add a few more seats

Revenue =/ profit. If it costs 40 million to put another 2k seats in and we sell those for four or five games a year at $20/ticket or whatever while also lowering the scarcity pricing to get tickets in sections already in FC then that’s a terrible business decision.

This isn’t as ridiculous as asking about expanding TDECU but it’s still pretty silly right now.

Gonzaga’s arena seats 6,000. They are doing fine and we have a really long ways to go before catching them in terms of demand for the product.

The lead contractor told me the arena was not going to be built for future expansion.

A lot of us older retired folks may not like that.

1 Like

It seems like this is the best size for fan experience and for possible tv partners with our program continuing to achieve.

When Hofheinz was originally built, it was built so that it could be expanded if the need ever arose. Obviously, it never did. I was told on one of the walk throughs that when the remodel was done, some of the structural support was removed, and it could never be expanded. I asked about this specifically and the tour guide said capacity was discussed when the remodel was being planned – all supposedly agreed that we would never need more than 7,100 seats. I gather they didn’t expect any more Final Fours or joining one of the power conferences.

3 Likes

Gonzaga only has 6000 capacity and still able to built their program to where they are today. We’re fine with 7100. Higher demand for tickets it’s a good thing for the program or season ticket holders too. Too many of us have been giving away tickets for so many years. Let those that want to sell their tickets to cash in or help pay for season ticket. I predict our season tickets prices will go up 50% first year.

5 Likes

Yeah. We’ll very soon get to a point that not everyone who wants to go to some specific games like Kansas can do so at a reasonable price, but we’ll still be at a point where we’ll have multiple games on the schedule that can be attended for a reasonable price. Until that’s no longer true there’s no reason to even ask the question about expanding (and the answer will probably still be no even then).

1 Like

They only have about 5000 students

1 Like