We need to grow

I can still see where maybe 2-3 Home gms can be scheduled at TC if needed. Very easy for students to get to Downtown-- Rail and bring in 12-15k few times/yr. Other than that I thk FC will be just fine. It’s not like UT will be part of Conf gms moving frwd. Deal w it as it comes.
Supply vs Demand

We have 45k-50k students and still struggle to get 1000 kids to go to the game.

3 Likes

Take 2-3 of our best games every year off camp? That’s a good one!

No kidding. Please no more NRG or bringing up games at TC.

2 Likes

Unfortunately $$$ trump the alternative. Just gave it as ex as to something they will strongly consider whether us pay-going fans–Basketball Season Ticket holder here – like it or not.

The facility is a great size and easy to maintain. Cost efficient.

1 Like

lol wait. Are you talking about struggling to get students to go to basketball games? Student attendance was down last year because attendance was down last year. Games will be jammed next year.

I’m not for expanding bu I would love to see them paint a couple of huge murals on the concrete facades located on basket ends walking down to the seats.

1 Like

I would hope so. And with us joining B12, I’m expecting student sections to be packed every conference games, not just against KU and BU.

1 Like

Regardless of enrollment there’s more demand for Gonzaga hoops tickets than Houston hoops tickets at the moment and it’s not even close. The Zags have sold out every single game in that arena since it opened in the early 2000’s.

Tickets in FC that cost a few hundred bucks would probably require an annual $10k+ donation at Gonzaga’s arena.

Yep, original ( and best ) configuration of the Hof was 10,600 with the wide concourse and great
unobstructed views from the entire deck when up for snacks or drinks.

Like the FC and size is probably okay for a few years. As long as it has sellouts it’s great. I’ll take
$$$ over butts ; but yeah there is an energy when it’s packed that gives the home court advantage.

1 Like

No expansion until the FC is fully paid for, which will be probably at least 15-20 years down the line. Then, a new arena would be the only alternative, assuming high demand is there.

Nothing wrong with having high demand and low supply

3 Likes

There is zero reason what so ever to expand the FC. This isn’t football.

2 Likes

There is, however, a need to expand the size of the men’s restroom on the club level. (Clearly, a first world problem, but a problem nonetheless.)

That is actually a great idea and rather cost conscious.

1 Like

Again worry about improving amenities. Another set of restrooms, more concession vendors and better options at the main ones, another gift shop located on the other side of the arena. Get the cameras on the other side of the arena. This can potentially add an extra 50 or so seats.

4 Likes