What are you feeling good about?

I am feeling good about sweeping the last three games and I am feeling REALLY good about 2018.

1 Like

Having watched the game, and video interviews with Applewhite before and after the ECU game (including the one shown on TV, Houston Football Central), I appreciate the fact that heā€™s not above criticizing his coordinators, strategies or other things. This is a good thing. Oh, and Kingā€™s play is such a great relief.

1 Like

I am feeling good about D. King at quarterback, Ed Oliver as the d line, and Dane Roy as the Punter.

1 Like

Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by the team as a whole this season. I had no expectation that this team would have been one possession away from a conference championship game ā€“ I was fully prepared at the start of the season for Memphis and USF to absolutely rout us.

Iā€™m pretty optimistic about this team going forward ā€“ we have another year of Big Ed ahead of us, Lark is looking better than I thought heā€™d be, and from what Iā€™ve seen from King, I think he might even be better than his predecessor. If Dā€™Onofrio can keep the defense stable next year, this team could be another special one.

1 Like

I think putting King in at QB might have saved the season. This team has a great shot at finishing the regular season 8-3 (win the bowl game and go 9-3 fingers crossed) and in the Top 25. That would give the Coogs great momentum going into the offseason and would make me really optimistic for Year 2 of the Applewhite era after a bumpy start in year one.

1 Like

Feeling good about King, like everyone else, of course. I had been pining for him to start since the beginning of the season and then especially after the Tech game. I think his injuries last year and over camp hampered his ability to start, but good to see him out there and playing well.

Feeling good that this season is working out the way I hoped. New coach/new regime and having to figure out the QB situation would mean a rocky, up and down season. Throw in the big storm and things got rougher.

Everything is trending upwards. Still some learning curves all around and too bad Allen didnā€™t work out, but becoming bowl eligible this season has surpassed my expectations. Finishing with a better record than last year would be icing!

1 Like

Itā€™s very possible. However, Iā€™m a tad worried about Tulane. I canā€™t tell you why, I just am. lol

1 Like

I was saved by my 20 minute walks to the IPA stand on the other side of the field.

FYI do not sit near the club sections if you are not in the club. From a concessions standpoint, you do not existā€¦

1 Like

I sit in 307 in the chairbacks. We really donā€™t exist except as cash cows. No consessions and no restrooms and no way up or down except very long stairs.

2 Likes

Kingā€™s deep ball.

Playing two run-oriented teams to close the year.

Momentum for 2018 if we win out. 9-3.

Mulbah Car.

A final home game hopefully below 80 degrees.

1 Like

Itā€™s payback time!

1 Like

He was a beast in HS, which is why many kept asking why he was getting no reps when other options were clearly not working out

https://twitter.com/swcroundup/status/927327696509599744

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s modern math, or even calculus, but I donā€™t understand how Texas can be 2-2 at home, and 2-2 on the road and still have a record of 4 wins and 5 losses . . . . .

Neutral site loss in the Cotton Bowl to OU is my guess.

3 Likes

The offense borders on amazing with King at QB.
The energy of the whole team has changed dramatically. From my seat, the pieces are coming together. Two weeks to heal up, get healthy, and beat Tulane. It is time however, for Major to act as a head coach, and change our game long prevent defense.
And, unless I missed it, I have not seen one post of " I hate Major", lol.

Recruit signing is just around the corner. Anyone know the official date?

Dec 20-22 for football.

All other sports can sign tomorrow.

Early Chirstmas for the coogs :yum:

Feeling good that Major promoted King to QB-1. Feeling good that the offense is clicking at the right time of the year. Feeling good that UH is undefeated since King was promoted to QB-1. Feeling good that Mulbah Car is pushing the other RBs to perform better. Feeling good that the OL is playing better as a unit. Feeling good we have a bye week to prepare for the next two running offenses.

Disppointed that Major didnā€™t promote King to starter before the TT game. Disappointed that the D is porous as a sponge. Disappointed that we got blown out by a very average Tulsa football team. Disappointed that the only bowl games will be against CUSA teams or worse. Disappointed that we probably arenā€™t going to play for the AAC Championship, unless Memphis suffers an end of season meltdown.

In summary, I feel better about the future.