What hacked me off the most!

Why was this comment blocked ?

Nothing controversial, just an informed opinion.

Geez

2 Likes

A pandemic in an election year will highlight the VERY different set of beliefs about life, politics, etc. held by Coogfan members. A short stay on the Satellite taught me that. It has forever changed my view of “Coog Nation”.

1 Like

We have all kinds under Coog nation, that shouldn’t surprise anyone.

2 Likes

Agree. Remember when that little sawed off kicker from Arkansas kicked it off Hosea Taylor’s head?

Or was that earler?

I was at that game in Fayetteville. It was a great game, but when the pigs lost it brought out the worst in their fans.

1 Like

I am not surprised that we are different. I am surprised at how people who appreciate and respect the same university can treat each other in a forum dedicated to said university. Maybe it has always been that way and I did not see it but I am going to guess 2020 has made it worse. I am sure the Mods could offer their insight on how 2020 compares to prior years around here.

I was there, too, in 1979. The kicker was Ish Ordonez. We won 13-10. I had bought a hog hat for an Arkansas alum I worked with at the time. As I am going down the steps in the bleachers after the blocked field goal at the end of the game, I hear someone behind me say that he ought to take that hog hat and cram it right up my arse. I was 24 at the time, and when I turned to see who said it, it was an old hog probably 80 years old and every bit of 5’ tall. I started laughing and his wife told me “don’t pay any attention to this old fart - he’s always like this when the Hogs lose”. Otherwise, it was a beautiful day, a great game between 2 undefeated Top 10 teams, and we had plenty of ice cold beer waiting for us in the car. Life was good.

4 Likes

Yes indeed. They are perfectly nice until they lose up there. They were more aggressive back in those days.

Love the stories from the 70’s. That was the gilded age of coog football. Coach’s veer offense was so incredibly frustrating to opponents. And believe me when I say there were some great defenses in the SWC back then.

Coach knew how to eat the clock like a hamburger.

2 Likes

It’s a cult

Yeah, i was born into Cougar football

1 Like

He also put up big numbers on the scoreboard, here are some examples:
1966: UH 73 - Tulsa 14; UH 56 - Kentucky 18
1967: UH 37 - #3 Mich St 7; UH 50 - Wake Forest 6; UH 77 - Idaho 6
1968: UH - 71 - Cincy 33; UH 77 - Idaho 3; UH100 - Tulsa 6
Hopping ahead to SWC
1977: UH 45 - TT 7; UH 51 - Rice 21;
1978: UH 63 - TCU 6

I could go on, but you can look them up as well.

1 Like