What kind of offense do we run?

They don’t have personnel given the QB we have used.

It should work with a true dual threat.

We hit singles and ground balls all day. No home run hitters.

When Levine was here everyone we said that sumlin left him nothing to work with then Hermann came and we went 13-1 with the same players. We have the talent on this team we don’t have the coaching when on offense.

Talented coaches adjust their schemes and play calling to fit personnel. Also you like to see us winning 2nd half via smart halftime adjustments. Not sure we have seen any of that so far this season,

We are 3-1 but feels like our check engine light is on.

6 Likes

**Check engine light is on. Classic!!""

2 Likes

Agree, this is when the Coaching staff has to adapt to the players ability, best traits. We knew coming into Spring that we had different players. This is then that you develop and modify your offense. Did we? We always have to keep in mind that our entire offense is built after countless repetitions. This is now obvious that we need to evolve from where we are at this point. We are 3-1 today I am expecting our OC to start working on modifying/evolving what needs to be improved today. When you are a Coach you are always thinking about what you can design better. How you can better teach certain plays that are not working. I am sure that Mr. Johnson is doing that right now. Major has to see it his job depends on it. This upcoming game is going to be very telling.

1 Like

Fact is that when coaching adjustments are suppose to take over (2nd half), we have not won a second half all year !!

Postma is our best option with King as a playmaker, especially since this staff is not innovative. No use of tight end, no passes over middle…etc…etc !

Enough already with the horizontal pass attack !

1 Like

Yes. If we are making adjustments at the half, I would have to say the other staffs are out-adjusting ours!

1 Like

I do like the sideline down field passes to the big receiver. The backwards pass makes me want to punch the TV. I think we would have beat Tech with Postma starting. I wish we would get under center on short yardage situations. #1 needs to run extra for holding the ball up in the air after the pick. That one play uncovered a lack of discipline.

2 Likes

I agree, great play and interception but the way he held that ball. Disaster waiting to happen. The players play hard, but 102 yards in penalties yet again, says the coaching is not good. Haven’t seen this level of indiscipline going back to 2013.

He needs to be taught that even though the clock said ZERO, the play was not over.

Extra laps indeed !

He’s one of the captains this year. What an example.

Coogfans

What kind of offense do we run?

We don’t have an offense; THAT is the problem!

We don’t run the offense. The sooner this board realizes, all the better. The team is 3-1. Lbsmu

Here is the answer to RB speed

The coaches are stuck on Catalon but the question is why??? Patrick Carr rushed for over 100 yards against UCLA as a true freshmen…There is speed and talent under their noses.

Here is the answer to RB speed and quality back

The coaches are stuck on Catalon but the question is why??? Patrick Carr rushed for over 100 yards against UCLA as a true freshmen…There is speed and talent under their noses!!

I don’t see.or get the Catalon hype either.

1 Like

It seems to me that Catalon should be used for plays designed to throw the ball to a running back.

For designed running plays, Birden seems to hit the holes harder and run tougher.

That said, our O-line has only made marginal progress since last year, and still appears to limit our running game.

1 Like

Birden is the better runner. Catalon has been better in space. What about the Cars?