KU
KSU
Iowa
OSU
TCU
TT
UCF
WVU

If Matt Campbell sticks around, I think he can continue to build something special

One of the things I’ve been thinking about is how much we have in common with the old Big East before it started to unravel. One of the things we have in common is that I’m not sure there is going to be a dominant team…

I think BYU has that potential.

After that UCF has a lot of moxie.

WVU has potential.

I would say probably

1. BYU
  2. UCF
  3. OSU
  4. WVU

Tie for rest

Then…Kansas

I dont think any program is going to be dominant, I think we’re going to see 3-5yr runs by dominant teams

4 Likes

Yea…or that

The correct answer is the Houston Cougars. They will win every national championship from 2023 until the rest of the NCAA cries “Uncle!”

The rest of you are bad fans.

21 Likes

So far…BYU!

Man, they look good!

3 Likes

I feel it’s BYU, maybe UH if we can get a real coach with all this talent in this area

4 Likes

In no particular order:

BYU
Cinn
UH (if we get our coaching situation figured out)

1 Like

Eventually……UH!!!

BYU
They have the cachet, the academics, and consistency to be a perennial power year in and year out.

UH can get there but they need long term administration engagement and athletic leadership to get there.

1 Like

Since the current make-up of the Big 12, It has been TCU, Baylor, and Iowa St that have been in the title game. 3 different teams. I would expect there will not be 1 dominant team in the new Big 12 either. That is a good thing to have different teams rise up and show the depth of the conference.

Current perception with OU dominating is the rest suck, when in reality most of the rest (not Kansas) are all decent teams that end up in the top 40 every year and can win over most other teams on any given day. Conference has depth, but perception trumps reality.

1 Like

I think KSU might be on the verge of a revival.

TCU and Iowa State will be good.

KSU’s new coach has them going in the right direction. Forcing me to change my thoughts that they needed Snyder to ever be good again.

In no particular order….

UH
Cincy
UCF
BYU
West Virginia
Iowa St.

He’s been there 3 yrs. He was previously at
N. Dak St where he Won too many FCS Ships ( 2 against my Alma Mater in 2011, 12) in a row n got bored. Excellent HC.

1 Like

Our new Conference has lots of really good teams.

Anyone see Okie State beat Boise on their blue turf? Boise has the best home stadium record in America the past 20 years.

WVU upset Va. Tech. Cincy looks great. On and on.

This is an excellent Football Conference!

6 Likes

I have been a fan of WVU and happy they got in the Big 12. Curious, Why do posters here think they will dominate. They haven’t dominated the remaining 8 since they joined in 2012.