Who do you feel is going to be the dominant team in the new B12

They simply are part of the mix. They are playing well.

My bet, for now, is on BYU.

BYU didn’t dominate the MWC when they were there either. They were very good though and made a strong trio with Utah and TCU. I think that helped the MWC have the designation of best of the rest during that period. Hence my philosophy that havign several good teams compete year in and year out is great sports marketing.

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

I’m excited for the new conference races to come.

Him and Craig Bohl are both on my list of prospects

1 Like

Bohl is still at Wyoming I’m pretty sure.

Houston

1 Like

Huh

Houston what?

Read the title of the thread

It is going to be a dog fight. 11 of the 12 schools have programs where they could into every season and have a legitimate chance at a title.

The last time a conference was like that was the mid 70’s SWC when Texas, Arkansas, Houston, Tech and A&M were very good. Baylor was dangerous and SMU was ascending. You had two easy games TCU and Rice.

1 Like

I too think anyone could win any given year. But I think one or two teams will be there every year.
The reason I favor BYU is they, unlike us recently, play up to their competition. They will have an unassailable advantage at home - probably the toughest road test in conference. Their fans bring it every game. And, as an institution, they support their coach and team “religiously” through thick and thin.

But its gonna be one Hell of a lot of fun. I feel blessed my school can finally play in a conference like this.

3 Likes

BYU

With the right coach nobody should out recruit us. Jeff Traylor at UTSA could be a remedy for this.

1 Like

The team with the most success in recent history is TCU.

Yes he is and he is from from NDSU- one of the most successful FCS programs. But I don’t know if we could hire him away from Wyoming.

1 Like

Not to mention their players average about 24 years of age.

In football, for awhile it might be Ok St, WVU, UCF, and Cincy. BYU is good, but given time over the course of a season getting smacked in the mouth by the big boys every week, I expect them to fade.

Yep. He was DC under Chris Klieman who went to be HC at KSU. Then Bohl took over HC at NDST. Surprised I don’t hear much talk abt NDST moving up to FBS. Too far out of way I guess. They’ve been dominant at FCS level besides JMU & SHSU winning 1 Title ea in last 10 yrs.

Edit: correction-- Klienman replaced Bohl.

I can’t figure why they would move up. They smash almost everyone they play just about every year, they have a tremendous culture of WINNING, they sell out every game, and their fan base is incredible. If I was them I wouldn’t tip the boat.

1 Like