Who do you feel is going to be the dominant team in the new B12

Other way around. Kleiman was Bohl’s DC.

Bohl is the one who build NDSU from Division II to FCS powerhouse.

It’s not entirely fair that Kleiman left for the better job. Kind of like Briles and Sumlin. Briles saved us but Sumlin left us for the better job. Just the way it goes.

1 Like

Now in recent history WVU has been down a bit from its success in the late 90s and early 2000s, but WVU is a strong candidate to rebound, and I think we have the coach to make that happen. WVU is on an upward trajectory from the point after Holgorsen departed. Now who knows if we do make it back to what we were a decade ago, but I like our chances. I suspect WVU will be one of a number of very good football powers in the Big 12.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re rt sorry about that. I knew that. I was in Frisco in 2011 & 2012 when they beat SHSU bk/bk, then Fritz said I’m gone for more $$$ . Fritz went to GA Southern for few yrs. Appreciate the correction.

But they dominate the PAC. 3-0 this year :laughing:

1 Like

I think the new big 12 will be tougher than the old SWC or very close.

From the SWC:
Texas
Arkansas
A&M

New big 12:
Byu could replace Texas
West vir could replace Arkansas
Ok st could replace A&M

We then have now Iowa st , Kansas st, cincy, ucf
Which the SWC didn’t have and none are easy.

Top to bottom this is a p5 conf and I think it’s stronger than the old swc. Klingler once said the SWC was tough bc we had to play UT, A&M and Arkansas. We now have a bunch of good teams.

It’s a strong p5 that is better than the Acc minus Clemson and rivals the pac. This could be the
strongest conf we’ve been in so far.

Also it will be a tougher bb conf than the old swc. However having 6 to 8 bids will off set it so we will be ok there.

Exactly. Not saying BYU can’t be good, but Cincy is the clear and easy choice.

What is really good is our new Conference will not be OU and the 9 dwarfs.

Lots of parity will mean that Conference games in October and November will be meaningful and thus well attended.

2 Likes

QUESTION I have been pondering (I would make this a separate thread except for some reason I can post but not start a topic. Maybe a moderator can help me). Anyway my question is:
If we had been in the Big 12 from the beginning would we have lost…
Briles?
Sumlin?
Herman?

https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/1440026898084552706?s=21

1 Like

Totally wide open, at this point… Can Cincy maintain their excellence?

We will get there. I am hoping that we finish with a good record that will help with recruiting. Then we begin the climb. At least we can now tell the local studs to stay home. Once that starts happening more and we lose less to schools other than UT, A&M and LSU, then we will begin to contend.

Sounded positive…… if this guy is legit it sounds like Coogs will be in the PAC sooner rather than later….:+1:

I honestly doubt Briles leaves. I think in hindsight Briles probably wishes he wouldn’t have either. He was easily the best football coach we’ve had since I was at UH (enrolled in 2006). The Big 12 would have solved a lot of our issues regarding fan interest and general student support.

Too many variables had UH been invited at the beginning.
Briles to BU: no
Sumlin/Herman: yes leave

The bigger questions would be how would UH reacted to the invite. They were not that far off of BU in the last few years of the SWC. Would the UH admin have said we are happy to be here and be like Baylor? or would they have said we need a new start with the new conference?

I am not familiar with UH then (so feel free to contradict), but considering they did not start to rebuild after being left out until 10 years ago or so, I don’t know that UH would have been that great early on. Probably a similar story to Baylor.

Cinci, BYU and UH

Fickell appears to be really happy there.

Have you checked in with him ?

NO NO NO

Right now Cincy’s biggest problem is convincing people Fickell will stay.