Who will coach the Coogs first Big12 games?

After last weeks performance? Maybe Georgia D is just that good

Forgot it was 5 years, we have him for this year and 2 more years good lord.

1 Like

After watching the hype and intro videos going back to when Herman was coach, I almost can’t believe he walked out the door. He was so into the emotion and what it takes to get the job done. Don’t know if it would work again but I’d sure give it a try!

1 Like

Briles didn’t cover up anything. He reported it to who he was supposed to. The university decided to not do anything with the information he gave them.

2 Likes

We all love Case. and would love to have him as a U of H coach. I think what would be best for him, if he is interested in coaching at the college level, would be to start out as a QB coach / Assistant OC. Then see how he grows.

2 Likes

And he would immediately make UH a winner. Guy can flat-out coach.

The NCAA report found the literal opposite of that:

“In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter”

7 Likes

The problem with Case, as a favorite son as HC, is the possibility that he would fail and endure the wrath of fans.

Think Scott Frost, a Nebraska favorite son who has struggled at Nebraska. If the losing continues at Lincoln, the fans will want him replaced. If so, now the favorite son has a tainted image

However, I like the idea of Case as a QB coach, maybe later as an OC. I believe Case would be able to recruit and develop QB talent given all his NFL experience.

1 Like

Agree. I hate it when stars return to coach their school.

I’d rather they play many years in the NFL and come back as an administrator or consultant.

2 Likes

I know one thing. The pool of coaching candidates will get A LOT better when/if UH goes searching! In with the big boys now!

4 Likes

Case still has a super bowl team to help guide.

4 Likes

The Dude is literally still playing in the NFL making millions. Atleast let him finish his career lol

3 Likes

I would fire Holgorson and hire Hernan in a millisecond. But as others said we have options.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Jamey Chadwell on the shortlist if Holgerson doesn’t work out. That triple option spread is a beauty!

2 Likes

If not Holgersen, then my top three choices would be…

1. Art Briles - Let bygones be bygones. Proven winner. At 65, it would be an opportunity for him to redeem himself. He would bring in a great staff.
  2. Willie Fritz - A little younger than Briles, but he is a good HC.
  3. Hugh Freeze - Could be a great choice if he behaves himself.

I have no faith in Holgo. I’m on the Willie train but can be persuaded otherwise. Don’t believe in going back, it’s just never the same.

Stupid arse Herman! He had everything here! Devoted fans, recruits, admins, facilities… :rage:

2 Likes

Holgy is great if you don’t mind losing.

2 Likes

He’s starting to un-grow on me. And to make it worse we’re about to play a series of middlin’ teams so he could conceivably stretch out mediocre another year.

2 Likes