Who will coach the Coogs first Big12 games?

I’m ok with either briles or herman.

Briles baggage will be a huge obstacle but we need a coach who reignite our fan base and program.

2 Likes

It would suck to kill the buzz entering the big 12 and still lose even more season ticket holders because of the holgerson abyss.

2 Likes

Listen. Briles is a no-go. I actually like Briles. But Renu won’t let that man within a country mile of this campus.

I’ve known a lot of executives and, George Steinbrenner and Vince McMahon excluded, most give people one shot to drive the bus…then its a pat on the back and, “good luck in your endeavors.”

I don’t think they’d let Herman repeat his behavior and embarrass the school by leaving again.
Herman gets this school in the B12 championship game and the next day he’s off to Ohio State or USC.

I could be wrong, though.

2 Likes

What about Scott Frost?

He was great at UCF, not so much at Nebraska but that might a very tough job to win at.

He also left UCF in a classy way.

Anyone know anything more about his style? Would it work with Texas recruits like it did with Florida recruits?

1 Like

We’re going to be in trouble entering the Big 12 if we can’t figure out the HC situation. Why?

UCF, UC and BYU are far ahead of us in recent performance.

UCF is 41-8 over the past 4 years. Their recruiting has been good and will get better now they are in the BIG12. We’re behind UCF.

UC is 31-6 over the past 3 years. They have finished #8 (2020) and #21 (2019). We’re behind UC.

BYU was 11-1 last year and finished #13-#16. We’re behind BYU.

Throw in the other teams in the B12, we are way behind in terms of recruiting. If matters don’t improve soon, we’ll be lucky if we finish in the bottom half of the conference in 2023 or 2024, whichever comes first.

I’m reminded of the Beatles song…HELP.

"I need somebody
(Help!) not just anybody
(Help!) you know I need someone
Help!"

2 Likes

I really like our defensive coaches.

Want to immediately upgrade on the offensive side of the ball, specifically on the recruiting side? Go get Samples.

My dream scenario

1. CTH returns to don the scarlet and white once again.
  2. The Whorns stay in league through 2025 in order to not write that whopper of a check to B12 for early exit fee penalty.
  3. Hermann lead Coogs deliver butt-whupping to Texas at DKR
  4. Dodds rolls over. More than once.
3 Likes

We’re in the Big 12 in 2 seasons. We need to upgrade every coach except Men’s Basketball. Scorched Earth.

6 Likes

Track and Field is fine. Women’s soccer and volleyball seem ok.

6 Likes

*At TDECU

I’m good with Freeze.

Besides, this is Houston. Him and Drake can go make it rain at any of our gentleman’s establishments and nobody would bat an eye.

He would be golden here.

1 Like

I like the simplicity of your idea.

1 Like

Coastal Carolina HC deserves consideration.

4 Likes

I just watched the news conference in its entirety. CDH was brought at the end for about 10-15 minutes. It’s been a while since I watched him speak. I really think that he ought to go and take care of himself medically. He can’t go for 15 seconds without some kind of coughing and other types of throat clearing sounds…I don’t know if it is something serious or not (I hope for the latter). I just don’t think it portrays an appealing image with the fan base, prospective recruits, etc.

Just curious about your thoughts on this?

Allergies

3 Likes

Something to think about.

2 Likes

Maybe add an OC?

2 Likes

I just don’t want to pi ** off this timely opportunity. I know TF hired CDH because he knew him and they were friends but sometimes that can be a weak foundation for success. Putting together a top staff, recruiting and building a program can be physically and mentally demanding. While I did meet CDH when he first came over from Tech I would not claim to know anything about his work ethic. Does anyone have anything to share?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1437528188918374408?s=21

USC wants Dana? They can have him :joy:

5 Likes

A guy can dream.