Who will coach the Coogs first Big12 games?

I predict Dana. He put in Alton and used Marcus as wr a lot and it helped. I also like Ike. We will get there.

1 Like

These idiots think that programs can just pluck anyone they want. Personally I consider USC a gold medal job but these places are also potentially a last stop if you don’t succeed. Coaches know that and I think its why Sumlin passed on interviewing there when he had ATM following him.

USC is hard to coach for…just like Texas. Not because of fans but because of the boosters.

1 Like

You know, in that book The 48 Laws of Power, they recommend you never hire a friend for a crucial position. They are too comfortable with you, too relaxed to have that something to prove attitude. Because you are cordial, you allow things to slide (redshirt his first year, poor recruiting , blown loss to Tech, etc.)

The book recommends instead you hire an enemy that wants to prove their worth to you. You will be watching them with a careful eye and will give them very little benefit of the doubt. The things you’d allow a friend to get away with are now excuses and you expect more.

If TF were to.follow this strategy, Herman would be a logical choice. You bring the enemy back into a really good situation and expect him to clean up his reputation.

1 Like

Isn’t he in theNFL now? I don’t know about going back. Something about the cosmos. But Mack Brown did it at UNC so there’s precedent…. :thinking:

Adding to my list.

1. Chris Petersen - Proven winner! Has great reputation, resume and ready to return to coaching.
    West coast recruiting ties. He is Art Briles without the baggage.
1 Like

Petersen is a builder. He would win big but it would take a few years

I believe he has an analyst role in the NFL. He can be snatched from the NFL for a P5 gig.

The Tulsa and Tulane stretch will tell you how this season will go and whether a change is necessary. With this defense, we may be able to get on a run.

Tony Elliott
Kendall Briles

I am out on alums coming back as coaches.

I’m still (maybe the only on this board) holding out hope that Dana pulls through this season. If it’s not Dana, then I don’t know who I’d want running the ship.

2 Likes

I don’t want to see either Briles here. While the offense is exciting (most of the time), they’ll never win big because their offensive speed runs their defense in the ground. I’d rather have a head coach who puts more emphasis on the defensive side. I agree with last poster that I hope CDH works out. The defense is looking really good. Just need the offense to step up.

2 Likes

Kendal Briles is fine with me.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that imply that we recruit more D depth and rotate the players?

It’s not quite that simple; there are scholarship and roster limits, and a fast-paced O also requires a lot of substitution.

There are others.

I don’t know that it matters. Neither Briles has won at the highest level, despite both plying their talents at power 5 schools that have the resources and recruiting prowess to build depth. Baylor might be debatable, but not so much Florida State.

The other problem is that both Briles men are so focused on offense that their recruiting attention is there. So, I don’t think it will ever be a priority for them to recruit defensive depth. I’m guessing at that one, but based on their history, it’s a somewhat educated guess.

1 Like

Dana will be our coach. Suck it up buttercups

3 Likes

He better start winning games.

6 Likes

Holgerson

Changing coaches is not something I like.