Why a 10 Win Season next year is a pipe dream

The reality of life in the G5. You’ve got to be chasing the conference title with no more than 1 loss for your season to have meaning. Sad it’s come to that, but here we are.

1 Like

All I hear is Conference Commissioners say it’s all about foot print and eyeballs on sets

1 Like

To answer an earlier question. You need a good coach, good (not great) QB and great teamwork to win 10 games. Tune looks to be a solid QB based on the stats (I didn’t have time to watch much football last year). He doesn’t need to carry the team with amazing stats if he has good teammates around him (including OL) with respectable skill at most positions. I don’t see why this team couldn’t win 10 games.

4 Likes

Winning 10 games isn’t a pipe dream.

Winning the lottery, flying to the moon and everyone agreeing on everything on coogfans are examples of a pipe dream.

There are some seriously good teams in this conference, @Washington State should be a tough road game and we won 4 games last year, so no, I wouldn’t bet the ranch on 10.

6 Likes

I think if we lose to those two, those two would be in the AAC Championship game. You’re right, since we don’t have UConn, we don’t have divisions. BTW, how do you know our schedule next year, I haven’t seen it.

But, like I said, I don’t think we lose to those two. I think an 11 or 12 win regular season is definitely feasible.

1 Like

I don’t smoke but I just might start having what you’re having. :sunglasses: Even just 9 wins next year would have me satisfied.

4 Likes

it will come down to QB. I saw enough last year to make me optimistic. But I saw enough of JOK to make me optimistic also. That didn’t exactly work out.

There is a lot of talent on this team. We will see.

Thanks for such a negative post (wassoonernow coog)! And your point is?? Nobody knows for sure how we will do next season. Personally, I look forward to the season every year and hope we are successful. Stay home if you’re so sure we’re going to suck!

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure this is the schedule, and I don’t know how, but I’ve been using this site for years and it has been pretty reliable (2021 Houston Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com).

Where are you checking for the schedule?

1 Like

Some folks like to dwell on negativity and seem to want to make reading this board an unpleasant experience for the more optimistic folks among us.

4 Likes

I just look on the UH website.

1 Like

I am in what is probably a minority, a guy that has never smoked marijuana. But, I do enjoy an occasional bourbon and water. I used to drink a lot more, but when I became a dad, that slowed way down. I said my daughter would never see me drunk, and she never has.

7 Likes

I hate to rain on your pity party parade, but Mike knows what he is talking about.
We will have a break out season with or without the negative fans. I hate posts
that end with “I hope I am wrong”. Negative Nancy’s.

4 Likes

Contiguous footprint (for those conferences not named the Big 12) and AAU status. Which doesn’t bode well for UH, UCF, Memphis, Cincy, Boise State etc.

Think you hit the wrong post reply, I expect a good season but if not I am not going to do a 27.5 gainer with a full body twist off the Fred Hartman Bridge either. Holgos Heroes To The End ! The man inherited a mess…like wine, we’ll be fine just takes some time

1 Like

Everyone really thinks Memphis isn’t going to fall off a cliff next year after the coaching change?

they shouldnt…their qb returns, their star rb and wr returns, their coach hire was also internal…so there shouldnt be some big learning curve…
they could be worse but falling off is unlikely

2 Likes

Something tells me they’ll still be good. We’ll have the secondary to match their passing attack. It is a road game so we’ll see.

JOK was good when he had a real OC and QB coach !!

Coaching matters !!

4 Likes

Internal hires really worked out well for us in the past.

5 Likes