Why didn’t we hire Spav?

His Texas State team looks great.

Really?.. smh…

5 Likes

What justification would there be to have hired him over dana?

6 Likes

His brother would have been our recruiting coordinator and defensive coordinator. That is plenty of justification. When Dana Dimelson is done here, we should poach him from Texas St.

Yikes! Let’s see how this season plays out…

1 Like

Sure does look like he can get a team ready and recruit as well. The jury is out with our guy on all fronts.

However, I agree that it would have been premature to hire Spav to Houston a year and a half ago. Let him season with the Bobcats, then poach a mature coach and staff in a few years.

1 Like

Sure the jury is still out on dana I get it…but is competing with smu for a half football and maybe only winning a few games good enough for it to be considered a success?

6 Likes

I’m all in for Nick Saban…let’s hire him !!

3 Likes

At Texas St and with the condition that their program was in a year ago… yes.

We’re going to bring Applewhite back just for you.

1 Like

He is very poacacable, we have had those type of coaches before, Dana offers something different if he is successful here

1 Like

Well…that would save me money !!

1 Like

Idk I would think competing for or winning a conference championship at that level would be a start…i mean look at guy like Chad Morris who was a hotshot coordinator and known to be an awesome recruiter. I think he had one winning season at smu and he failed miserably at Arkansas.

2 Likes

Morris was a disaster, you are right. BYU FS Navy will be interesting.

1 Like

I give you EECOOG69 if Applewhite ever stepped foot on UH soil again…

2 Likes

This was debated at length a few coaching searches ago. Too soon to know anything about his team this season.

1 Like

Nailed it !!!

2 Likes

Too bad we don’t have down votes for posts. Dana Dimelson? smh

4 Likes

I think Sukie has a petition floating around to bring back the star system.