Will there be more Pony fans at TDECU than Coog fans Thursday?

God I hope not

Cincy game was a ghost town and they were ranked

Although I will say that a good amount of my UH friends had went to the Tamu vs Bama game instead

I expected more at the Cincy game. Not sure what happened.

1 Like

We were 2-3 that’s why lol

1 Like

If we have as many UH fans as SMU fans you end up with a Rice like game
lol.

It will look awful on TV. It will de depressing

1 Like

Pony fans do not travel well. They were 6-0 ranked #19 for the first time
in 35 years and playing a good Temple team on National TV on a perfect
time and weather day, and it looked like about 20K in the stadium that holds 30K.
They could be ranked higher this week as they are now 7-0, we will have to play
our best to beat them. We will not get a home field advantage, but it should be
a good game.

I don’t think so. It’s not that big a school with that many fans in Houston.
However they could order a bunch of designer T-Shirt fans from Nieman Marcus.

4 Likes

Our taints will be handed to us. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

:grin::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This thread must be a joke. If there are over 100 Smoo fans, that would be amazing. Only ones will be family of any Houston area kids.

8 Likes

There very well may only be family of UH players as well. The out of town folks in our group may not come in and I know at least 3 others who won’t be there Thursday.
It will be a pre halloween tomb.

Let’s just say CDH and Co aren’t as inspiring as they should be. Put a product on the field that folks can believe in and you will have more fans show up. Athletic department have a hard time marketing when $4 million is going to line his pockets this year.

5 Likes

[quote=“CoogDefender, post:11, topic:21353, full:true”] Athletic department have a hard time marketing when $4 million is going to line his pockets this year.
[/quote]

Salty

I sure hope the SMU coeds make the trip. I was at a conference in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and stopped by SMU as I used to work for ADP in Dallas and lived in the village which is across 45(central) from SMU; so I stopped to see what they had done on building with 10 years of near zero interest rates; those SMU girls are still smoking hot; should gone to grad school there. :laughing:

4 Likes

This

:clown_face:

LOL. SMU fans don’t show up to their own stadium. 6-0 playing a ranked team and they announced 23K yesterday. I think we are safe.

2 Likes

What in the cornbread hell is that?

SMU can’t draw more than 20,000 for a home game with great weather and their best team in 25+ years
and this is a serious question?

6 Likes

Stupid question.

4 Likes

The announcer for the SMU/Temple game made the comment that he was very disappointed at the attendance at SMU to see the #19 ranked team in the nation. The stadium was NOT full. There were huge swaths of empty seats and not just at the end-zones.

There won’t be many SMU fans at the game. Not sure how many Coogs we’ll have but even with a low turnout we’ll more than outnumber them.