Will there be more Pony fans at TDECU than Coog fans Thursday?

Maybe 500 to 1,000 SMU fans. Those in the greater Houston area will be motivated to come.

Rockets open their season Thursday night so some might be there.

Honestly don’t care at this point. True fans will show up and others, like @3rdWardCoog’s friends, will continue to wonder why we can’t be in a better conference as they go watch other games.

16 Likes

Silly topic question.

All 100 of them will show.

1 Like

Which is 73 more than Rice

1 Like

They’re aren’t any SMU fans in their own stadium

1 Like

I like how we poke at folks when we first got ranked under Sumlin there were pleeeeeenty of seats in or old ball park.

I think the fist sellout happened against tech and that took 5k tech fans.

We forget where we came from over the last 25 years and also how fast we can go return. We are the winningest team in Texas over the last 9 years and we are about to put 20k in a stadium this Thursday against a top 20 team. Yes, let’s throw rocks inside our glass house.

4 Likes

Dallasites in general wouldn’t travel to Houston for any reason, and the few SMU fans they have would be caught dead in Houston – especially UH.

If the weather forecast is accurate (70% rain?), I suspect our attendance will be quite low.

Just beat SMU!

1 Like

The sellout against Tech was the first game we were ranked and it was going to sellout without those 5K Tech fans.

That said, you’re right, we’ve had attendance issues. Does that mean I shouldn’t laugh when someone claims a school that has worse attendance than us may outnumber us in our stadium?

3 Likes

It’s been this way for decades. The Houston sports mentality I will never understand, though it’s a common problem with urban schools. Winning, people are rabid fans. Lose a couple, they flee.

I maintain this fair weather tendency helped keep us out the P5.

I get aggravated when people demand things of the program, but then withhold their dollars the first sign of trouble (present company excluded).

4 Likes

Whatever. Asking Dana to put a great product on the field with this roster is like telling Carnagie Hall to sell-out using the student section DJ.

“Hip hip, ho ho
welcome to Carnagie Hall yo!”

3 Likes

Meanwhile TX Tech had 52k for Iowa State.

Says a lot that you are crapping on our players and defending the person getting paid $4 million a year. Yall think his experimentation is some brilliant strategy when it is just out of necessity because he didn’t work hard enough to get the team in sync.

1 Like

I will be there and that’s all I can count on. We have a team that is down, missing a whole bunch of players due to injury, and missing a whole lot of band wagon riding, fair weather fans. But it is my team and I will be there to support them. We are rebuilding and I am sure better days are ahead. Regardless of what some on here think about CDH, I am happy we have him and look forward to seeing what he can do with a full team of healthy players.

Times like these are when we need to rally behind the team and staff, not abandon them. I went to the LSU games the 3 years we played them at Tiger stadium. We finally beat them 20-7 the 3rd year and they had had several bad years and I think only won 3 games that year. But there were over 76 thousand fans in that stadium, which at the time was about a sellout. (Before anyone says otherwise, I can assure you there are many things to do in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.) That is why LSU is a top team – they have true fans. Same with Bama, OU, name any really good program.

4 Likes

We have often outnumbered their fans in Dallas so to answer your question NO.
Forget how they travel, they don’t support their team all.

No one is trashing the players. It’s a weak roster by UH standards. Under-recruited by Apple, under-developed by Dorito.

2 Likes

I am not sure it is a weak roster, but a tougher schedule, installing new systems, and redshirting side of your best offensive weapons.

Who is responsible for the players on the field? Dana the 2nd seemed surprised that when the season started his guys were not ready. Seems like Dana the 2nd took the summer off instead of coaching his players up to get ready to play. Dana the 2nd took a dark horse Heisman candidate and ruined his season single handedly. Dana II is as lazy/unmotivated as he is disorganized. So before you start criticizing ‘this roster’ reflect on where and whom the responsibility lay; it’s on
Dana the 2nd.

what a load of horse manure

4 Likes

They’re too scared to come to the third ward!