Will there be more Pony fans at TDECU than Coog fans Thursday?

This year Dana has excuses built in. Next year had better be a big turnaround. But the true fans come to the game regardless of the record.

2 Likes

Announced. There were not 52K in attendance for their Homecoming.

My goodness, we had 25k announced for our last home game.

Student-athletes and members of the coaching staff shall not engage in countable athletically related activities outside the playing season, except for the following:
Conditioning Activities—Conditioning drills per Bylaw 17.1.5.2 that may simulate game
activities are permissible, provided no offensive or defensive alignments are set up and no
equipment related to the sport is used.
Football Spring Practice
In the sport of football, it is permissible for the team to practice in the spring season, provided the following conditions apply:
· The spring practice time period will include 15 postseason practices (including intrasquad scrimmages) and the spring game.
· If ONLY conditioning activities or review of game film occur on a given day, that day
does not count as one of its 15 designated days.
· All spring practices must occur within a period of 29 consecutive calendar days.
· Only 12 of the 15 may involve contact, and such contact shall not occur before the third
practice session.
· The only equipment permitted during the non-contact practice sessions are helmets.
· Of the 12 contact sessions, 8 sessions may involve tackling, and no more than 3 of the 8
tackling sessions may be devoted primarily to 11 on11 scrimmages.
· Tackling shall be prohibited in 4 of the 12 contact sessions.
· A spring game shall be counted as one of the three sessions that can be devoted primarily to 11 on 11 scrimmages.
· The in season countable athletically related activity requirements will be in effect during the designated spring practice time period.
· No more than 4 hours per day of countable athletically related activity
· No more than 20 hours per week of countable athletically related activity
· Must have at least one day off per week.

1 Like

No.

Of course not.

SMU ain’t a thing in this town.

3 Likes

You express the reasons why we have an attendance problem. Understanding you correctly you will only show up if we win. The next excuse I am going to read is that it was too hot, too cold, raining, snowing or there was a big sale at Gallery Furniture…
Building a program means that you show up no matter what. Get it?
You have long timers that are there win or lose. They have been in the stands since the 50’s. You attend and we lose? That is life so called CoogDefender. Wins are only sweeter after so much adversity. The kids put their bodies on the line every game. Have respect for them and show up. We are not Alabama yet but we will never get there with your attitude or some that are on this board. I believe that there many trolls on this board and they sure like to show up when the going gets tough.

6 Likes

I have been to every home game since I graduated in 2010… I bought season tickets as a broke kid out of school and have upgraded them as I moved up in my career. Yeah but keep assuming things.

I find it interesting you post this now after this
“Put a product on the field that folks can believe in and you will have more fans show up. Athletic department have a hard time marketing when $4 million is going to line his pockets this year”
I am all for fairly criticizing but your post is directed with one purpose in mind. It sure does not reflect that you attend every game. Am I still assuming?

1 Like

Thank you for your thought provoking reply.

1 Like

Yes you are.

Well, the concession lines should be short…finding a positive…plenty of room to stretch out too.

I call bullzhit

3 Likes

A remarkable economy of words.

1 Like

Dana the 2nd, oh, ok.

Thank you Snarky

We really need an ignore button.

I’m all for different opinions, exchanges of ideas, etc. But I have a harder time abiding the ignorant or the asinine.

4 Likes

Combine SMU, Rice, Tulsa and Tulane into one fanbase and we would have a rival.

1 Like

Nice atmosphere on campus now. Weather is great and rain may not show up until after the game. Awesome night for a game!

1 Like

No.

I’ve seen two so far