Will TTech/Ole Miss Advocare game sellout?

2020 should be even better when it’s Baylor vs Ole Miss.

2 Likes

I’ve had YouTube TV for about a year and love it. Has all the sports channels I need and none of the extra stuff I would never watch.

2 Likes

I have never understood why UH isn’t one of the teams every year. I get that the purpose of the game is too sell hotel rooms and having a local team doesn’t bring out of towners. But it would sell a WHOLE lot more tickets.

Because it would be too big of a showcase for UH and would expose the P5 superiority lie.

5 Likes

It’s not just against ESPN but I don’t think it’s the network that is competition, it’s the interest in teams on the network that is competition. ABC will have Ohio St. vs Oregon St. Fox has OU hosting FAU., FS1 is UT vs Maryland. Casual football fans won’t be watching Rice and UH, only people specifically interest in Rice and UH will be watching. Same goes for Texas Tech and Ole Miss.

1 Like

Just wish ATT Sports SW was in the line up…

Me too. I send an email about once a month asking for it. I assume the regional channels will be more difficult for them.

Why would Ole Miss fans be excited - lost several players due to scandal. Head Coach is gonzo. Probably will have a very dismal season.

3 Likes

Especially one in the AT&T family…

Fox Sports SW is already on there so I assume it’s the AT&T part that is delaying the addition.

#YouTubeTVFamily

1 Like

Yep, when this game was scheduled (and the one in 2020 against Baylor), they were expected to be a top team in the SEC West.

I understand why they schedule these games way out, but they really should look at waiting until the end of the previous season before sending out invites to the game. Looks like they are doing it for 2019 since no game has been announced as of yet.

Would be fun if they talked OU into moving our game with them to NRG for a rematch.

2 Likes

It just won’t happen. OU would see it as a road game as well they should. We would never schedule two games at the Alamodome against UT and consider it two neutral site games. We even refuse treating NRG as a home game in home and home deals.

1 Like

Oh, I know. Makes no sense at all for OU and they gain nothing unless the Texas Advocare people throw a ton of money their way.

1 Like

That and schools like OU prefer to buy wins (extra home games). Schools like Rice prefer to sell wins (extra road/neutral site games). Schools like UH and UCF have to weigh the pros and cons each individual time. I think it’s toughest on the coaches of top tier G5 schools because they need the budget to compete but they need the wins to keep their job.

UH should be there once every 3 years imo.

2 Likes

As a home game or a neutral site game? They have the ability to schedule NRG for home games but don’t want to do it. Saying “UH should” implies that it’s easy to schedule P5 schools to play UH, in Houston, as a neutral site game. Like us knocking OU out of the top 5 isn’t going to be on the mind of every team from here on out.

Like I said before, if the Alamodome offered to host a season opener between UT and UH, you really think we would consider it a neutral site game?

They need to move the UH - OU game to Dallas for that Opening game classic.

I think you guys are just trolling me now.

1 Like

I am actually kinda serious about it. It is close enough to both fan bases to be a sell out and It would be a huge national draw with all kinds of story lines.

But again, OU sells out at home, already has the game scheduled at home, they have absolutely nothing to gain financially or schedule wise to change their home game to a neutral site game. Would you have been OK with us moving the Texas Tech game last year to Dallas?

Shaggy’s point is valid. The year we played OU at NRG we also had six home games. That is not easily done. Means we had three home NC games. We built TDECU games to play home games on campus. TDECU is paying for naming rights for us to play our games in that stadium.

1 Like