WOW: Tulsa 40-Mempis 17?

Tulsa is mediocre, they have some HORRIBLE losses…

UT Arlington blew them out

1 Like

Why do think Memphis is good ? Because the “experts” said so !

4 Likes

And UH lost to Drexel a couple years ago and made the tournament, so it happens. Looks like they are a team that started slow and came together late to be a good team. Kentucky lost to Stephen F. Austin so bad losses happen early in a season.

3 Likes

Is it a better bet now to pull for Tulsa to end strong (losing to UH and finishing in the top 3) and replace Memphis to keep the AAC rep up? Or is the safer bet to hope for Penny to instill some ball control and discipline in his young team to right their ship? Memphis has the bigger brand recognition right now but Tulsa is definitely playing better.

Latest Sagarin:

3 Likes

Each game is on it’s own. They are playing very good basketball at the moment. Mediocre has left them in the dust imo. They beat UH, beat Temple by like 25, throttled Memphis by I can’t count that high. You don’t get to 5-1 Conf recd imo by just getting lucky a night or two. I can definitely see them finish in top 4 of Reg Season .

4 Likes

SFA beat Duke.

4 Likes

The key will be whether they can win on the road. They beat ECU and Tulane on the road but got throttled by Cincy. @ UConn (Sun) is a decent test. We will see but they are on a roll right now. Confidence can definitely help.

1 Like

its funny b/c I know you were being sarcastic, but isn’t that the argument we (and group of 5 schools) use?

We beat a “good” power 5 team then all of the sudden we think we are better than those schools?

UCF vs. Auburn
UH vs. Oklahoma
UH vs. FSU

just to name a few.

Memphis getting manhandled like it did last night is not good for the conference…period.
No doubt Tulsa is on a mini run right now thanks to a favorable home schedule, but there is absolutely no way the Hurricanes are 40 points better than Memphis…The Tigers flat lay an egg last night, embarrassing everyone related to that program, including our conference.
That said, glad we are not playing Memphis tonight lol…
And also it looks like Cincy is getting better by the game as J. Cumberland seems to be finding his touch once again…now that’s good for the conference and I am looking forward to going there soon…

2 Likes

Actually, was just correcting the statement that Kentucky was beaten by SFA. It was Duke. And it was awesome.

And, for the record, I would love to see SFA beat Kentucky also.

4 Likes

Hopefully both can feast on the basement and make the tournament but I have more faith in Memphis than Tulsa in that. Tulsa has proven absolutely nothing outside their building.

But Memphis has to at least make the dance this year anything less with the preseason hype makes the AAC look bad.

2 Likes

fwiw - it was Evansville that beat Kentucky

1 Like

I’m on board with that too! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tulsa sucking OOC and now tearing it up in conference is wreaking havoc on the AAC computer rankings, which are heavily relied upon when picking at large teams for the tournament.

2 Likes

As long as we keep winning we’ll be in the dance… again.

With the number of bad 3s Memphis shot, I suspect the message they were sending was to Penny.

The Tulsa loss is now a Q1 loss for us, so there’s that.

2 Likes

And now Evanvsville Coach has been fired this week…improprieties. Crazy CBB action in 2019/20.

2 Likes

Our loss to Tulsa by 2 was a real disappointment, but it was on their floor and I don’t expect it to happen on ours! Prediction is for a good game,but I’m sure we will show everyone just how good we will be!!

1 Like

Yea! I think? :thinking:
#GoCoogs!