1-11 vs P5 and Future P5

I’d be real happy with a 7-5 or better finish in '23

That loss still pisses me off.

4 Likes

Apparently there is a very vocal contingent on here who want to go down the same path that Nebraska did. They want to fire a coach that was 10-2 last year and could be 9-4 this year because we might not do as well next year and he hasn’t won any championships yet. I say no,

4 Likes

Haha you are comparing Sampson to holgerson? U can’t be serious.
Have you seen what sampson has done after the first 2 years compared to holgerson? Bet you don’t want to compare them now.
don’t get fooled by his record last year. He is gonna keep us average to below average just like he did at wvu. Some people are satisfied with that which is fine and good for them. Some ppl have higher expectations bc what we have been able to do in the past with limited resources.

8 Likes

Doesn’t bode well, but we’re stuck with him either way :grimacing:

1 Like

If we go 8 and 4 or 9 and 4 with those 2 close loses to tech and Tulane, it’s progress.

I think that portal is going to get hit hard. Some Landrys and gallery furniture deals.

1 Like

Youre right, Top…The one thing i know for certain is CDH inherited an absolute mess from apple dumpling…
We are far more talented now than when Holgi got here…and next year, we should be better than this year, with all the talented guys we have coming in, plus the redshirts…
And for continual whiners who complain about everything, if CDH does go 7-5 next year, that will be a major accomplishment…not failure. I promise you, we will be picked last in whatever division we are in by EVERYBODY…just watch. in 76, we were picked 7th, and ALL we heard was how tough it was going to be to play Aggie and arkie and bear, and whorn and red raider week in and week out…We have ALWAYS risen to caliber of our competition…i expect same next year…CDH deserves his crack at Big 12…We are certainly in a position to ultimately do better than West virginia did, given our recruiting advantages over them.

8 Likes

OMG! Stop with the '75/'76 comparisons. Prior to '75 we had 9 straight winning seasons and finished ranked 8 of those 9. '75 was an aberration.

6 Likes

Are you, per chance, a Texans fan? If you were, you might recall a coach clinching the worst division in the NFL and, when confronted about his team’s very obvious deficiencies, responding with “doesn’t matter, Brian! Division champs, Brian!” That team beat a mediocre and banged up Raiders team in the first round of the playoffs, got smoked by the Patriots in the second, and went 4-12 the following year.

That’s where the Coogs are at right now. To borrow a phrase from Texans fandom, we’re very much The Kings of S*** Mountain. We can bury our heads in the sand for now, and wait until reality smacks us in the face next year, but the fact of the matter is that Dana doesn’t have this team anywhere close to where it needs to be. The longer we wait, the longer the rebuild is going to be.

2 Likes

Keep On Bowlin’ Dana!

1 Like

Hope you have fun watching UT beat the Coogs by 3 scores in front of 40,000 at TDECU Stadium, 35k of whom will be wearing Burnt Orange!

How does this suppose to make me feel better as a UH fan having him as the coach going into the Big 12 next year… 0-9 :smiley:

Should we lose to UT next year I am sure you would relish the loss and come say some more negatives about CDH. But if we win I doubt we will hear from you.

5 Likes

If we beat UT next year, it’ll be the best moment of my sports life and I’ll be on the field with everyone else.

We won’t, though.

1 Like

Hi Five for Mad Men reference!!

1 Like

In all of the years CDH was HC at WV except 2014, OU was the B12 Champion and in 3 of those years they were in the CFP (Ok St was B12 champ in 2014). That’s kind of like saying almost all of the coaches in the SEC lost to Bama for 7 years in a row, so they must all suck. A total of 101 points in 7 years averages to 14 points a year.

4 Likes

He already had his crack at The Big 12.

Georgia beats Alabama. And on occasion LSU does too!!!