1-11 vs P5 and Future P5

I’m aware that every year Bama is not undefeated. But how many of the SEC coaches are 0-7 against Bama? Do you think all of their coaches suck? Or do you think maybe that Bama with its horde of 4 and 5 star players 3 and 4 deep just may have much better players? Could it possibly be that OU just had better players than WV did when CDH was there? Could it possibly be that it is easier to recruit to OU with their history?

3 Likes

He deserves a crack at the big12 with Houston. Deserving or not it’s irrelevant as he was going to coach next year and year after regardless of what happened this year or next.
My opinion is there nothing he has done in the past 4 years that prove we will be average in big12. He has lowered expectations so much that we will celebrate if we win 6 games next year. this is just sad.

6 Likes

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

2 Likes

Sit back an enjoy the ride

JDH waiting on his second shot at the Big 12
Underaker

1 Like

Of Bama’s 7 annual opponents (Ole Miss, Miss State, LSU, A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn), the only ones that haven’t beaten Bama in the last 7 years are Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss. Two of those are perennially the worst two teams in the SEC West. The other beat Bama exactly 8 years ago. There are 0 coaches in the SEC West with a tenure of over 7 years that haven’t beaten Saban at least once.

You’re not making the point you think you’re making.

2 Likes

Over 7 years is not the measure, 7 years is. But to really be apples to apples, why don’t you look up how the rest of the coaches in the B12 did against OU from 2012 thru 2018, when CDH was at WV?

1 Like

Regardless of the team or coach, I don’t think it is sad to be happy with 6 wins in the first year moving from decades of G5 to P5. Dykes has done phenomenal his first year but he would win maybe 1 Big12 game if he went into the league with SMU.

1 Like

Just like we got smoked at ECU last weekend… :rofl:

8 Likes

So this week we’re all back to CDH is The Man to build UH into a Big 12 Championship contender ? Hope y’all are right, I’ll support the team, go to games, spend $$$ and have fun regardless of whomever is the HC. I’ll also stick to my opinion that he’s a meh HC that has reached his ceiling…but it’s just an opinion, no more or no less than anyone else

5 Likes

In the 10-team Big 12, from 2012-2018, OU lost to:

• Texas
  • TCU
  • Kansas State
  • Iowa State
  • Baylor
  • Oklahoma State

In other words, everyone except Kansas, Texas Tech, and WVU. And two of those three spent the time in question bottom-feeding in the XII.

3 of the possible 6 wins will be against UTSA Rice and Sam Houston.
Like I said, he has set the expectations so low that we are already ok with this. Yes that’s sad.

5 Likes

I’m not counting any of those chickens before they hatch. We lose A LOT of talent next year. Bluntly, I’d be over the moon if we went 6-6 next year – or really any year after we get out of the Little Sisters of the Poor conference.

1 Like

Trust me…… it is fleeting !

1 Like

I think whatever our record is next year it will be a surprise to us…and Dana. He seems like he’s just watching like the rest of us.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Tbh I think this is a thread worthy subject that you’ve brought up. To duplicate that record Dana, or any other UH coach, would have to go 6-3 or 5-4 every year in conference. To make a run at a Big 12 title would probably mean a season of 10+ wins. A down season would probably mean anywhere from 4-7 wins depending on bowl game outcomes.

Let’s say over a 10 year period:

2 years of 10+ wins and a possible conference title
6 years of anywhere from 7-10 wins
2 years of anywhere from 4-7 wins

How many folks on this board would take this outcome now?
How many folks feel like these are reasonable expectations even after the inevitable acclimation period?

Honest answer?

I don’t know if we are better. Fan support is MUCH worse. Student support is maybe half of what it was 5 years ago too. Recruiting seems about the same despite heading to a P5.

3 Likes

Its funny seeing the same people that were sure ECU would blow us out, now think they can predict next year when they just got the last game completely wrong. Other than that I’m trying to figure why the need to predict doom next year. As usual, I come away from Coogfans thinking we sure do have some miserable people on here.

6 Likes

Ok now that’s funny.