1-11 vs P5 and Future P5

This would be a pretty good outcome in the Big 12. We have struggle to do this in the AAC/CUSA. Going 8-4 in the BIG 12 is a really good season; it will be a tough, parity-driven conference.

What you’ve described here is basically life as a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 team, and yes, I’d take that in a heartbeat. I think in the long term, that’s a best-realistic-case scenario for us. (It’s also not terribly different than we’ve done over the last decade in the AAC.)

1 Like

Thinking I started a thread for this . . . . . it should have been enough . . . . .

No fair bringing “common sense” into an emotional stream . . . . .

Of course it is. It’ obviously deeper in almost every aspect, with better players at every position in general. Doing so with his own players, for the most part. He did inherit an almost empty roster . . . . .

I leave thinking there are a bunch of henpecked people who are afraid of their SO’s . . . . .

We will have to see the schedule first but with DH’s track record of B12 mediocrity at WVU, losing Tune, and CDH not beating too many P5 or winning teams since here I’ll be very happy with a bowl game next year. You hope we win our 3 OOC games but even if we do that winning 3 conference games will be a chore. Who are we likely to beat? We just lost to B12 cellar dwellers TT and KU this year with our long tenured QB who we won’t have next year.

I worry too but I think we will win a few
 Iowa St, Tech, Kansas, BYU & WV are teams that I think we close with. I think our players are better than folks give them credit for
 coaching is key! :slight_smile:

Exactly!!! Beetlejuice has hardly ever won against ranked teams. It goes way beyond Oklahoma :person_tipping_hand:

Nothing wrong with supporting the team and hoping for the best however thinking that Holgorsen will acheive anything positive as a head coach here is an exercise in futility. Dude has never done squat and should thank his lucky stars his buddy Tilman loves him. #ionlyspeakthetruth

3 Likes

2 winning seasons in a row
 That’s a good start.

Something to build off

I guess we’ll see

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

Coach Sampson reminded everyone he once had a 12 game losing streak.
Dana won more B12 games than lost.
Let’s play the games and have some fun being in a conference that gets more respect. I bet our players show up and give the B12 all they can handle.

7 Likes

On the flipside, if we beat Tulsa (highly likely) and win our bowl game (TBD), our combined record over the past 2 seasons (12-2 / 9-4) will be 21-6.

5 Likes

Well no more excuses after the 2023 season is over. If he is below .500 he needs to go

21-6 eh? Not bad, I say. 27-0 will be better but not something that should drive a coaching change. I love the offense we are executing now. If he get the defense in order, we are good to go. #LBTulsa

3 Likes

Over four years at UH he is 26-19, or about an avg of 7-5 per season.

1 Like

In Yeoman’s first 4 seasons he won 15 games

Sometimes coaches improve thereafter.

Covid we only played 9 games so your average is going be off

His total record includes three bowl games and the conference championship game. It’s correct.

How can say his average wins when we didn’t play a full year of games? The average will be off if you include the Covid year

I didn’t realize Holgorsen needed training wheels. I thought he was being paid what he is because he is a finished product - an experienced head coach.

3 Likes

Well
 an average is calculated by adding a group of numbers and then dividing by the count of those numbers. In this case, I used two groups of numbers - wins and losses. The count of those numbers is the total seasons Holgorsen has been here.

I rounded up both the products to give a nice round wins and losses figure.

Math is fun.

2 Likes

Really, you don’t understand that throwing in the Covid would throw off the math?