$100k/year tuition

This is criminal.

1 Like

No one knows where the money goes

No one at the school would meet with me to break this figure down or get on the phone to talk about it. But Vanderbilt’s financial statements offer clues to how it spends money. In fiscal year 2023, 52% of its operating expenses went to faculty, staff and student salaries and wages, plus fringe benefits.
It is indeed a private school but public universities follow the same path U of H included. This is no wonder that Universities are losing students U of H included. The main question is:
Is it worth it? Falling attendance are the first indication.

NO SCHOOL
none os producing ROI for an educational investment costing $400 -$500k.

How much are these graduates making in their first job?

Very few pay sticker price at private schools.

2 Likes

Might want to make it clear the parts of your post that were quotes from the article and what wasn’t. You made it sound like you were trying to get meetings at Vanderbuilt about this, Chris.

2 Likes

That’s what I assumed.

1 Like

What, he doesn’t have the ability to be an investigative journalist too? He is an expert in extremist social media and astroturfing.

Why is college admission falling?
Good gif explanation:

No idea why that is directed at me.

3 Likes

That was not directed at you Dustin even though it is a reply. Tuition is out of “common sense” Admissions falling clearly reflect it.

Cost is certainly part of it. I think there is more going on though.

1 Like

It’s always about the money.

1 Like

Does the value proposition equates to reality? Customers are speaking and saying NO.

It’s part of it for sure.

But if it were all about the money, attendance wouldn’t have taken so long to go down as costs went up exponentially. That wouldn’t make sense.

As usual, the story is more complicated.

1 Like

You know someone is just wanting to say
CRT, DEI and Woke are ruining college and it is why attendance is declining.

Cost is up.
Attendance is down.
Customers are talking hence stadiums getting smaller.

That didn’t dispute anything I said.

Costs have been going up for decades. The rate has actually been going down in recent years too.

All Universities public and private are either going to have to adjust or keep seeing an attendance decline. Customers are always right.

Clearly.

What stadiums are getting smaller and how does it directly relate to tuition costs? I know Fertita Center has less seats than Hofheinz but that has nothing to do with tuition.