2020 bracketology

That West bracket is 2x tougher than any other. That would not happen.

8 votes in AP (32nd), 15 in coaches (31st) from today’s polls.

#42 in NET

5 Likes

You bring good news to Coogfans!!! Thanks!

2 Likes

Top 25 in Kenpom and Sagarin. Need to keep it going tomorrow night in Philly.

7 Likes

#22 by Katz (ahead of Wichita St?):

5 Likes

This is most important week of season so far imo. 2 wins will be major in more ways than one. Will give younger team big momentum heading into week of WSU road game. Of course will also put them worse case in the 25-30 rankings w good chance of reaching top 25. Lastly will draw attn to casual Houston area basketball fans n hopefully they purchase those dangling tiks at StubHub to make FC truly look like a packed arena. #GoCoogs

2 Likes

The crowd for UCF was encouraging given the circumstances. If the win streak is still alive when SMU comes to town, the FC should be rockin’.

3 Likes

I agree on the UCF gm crowd. Even though classes were out there were plenty students in their section. It was late arriving crowd as usual w early tip-off time.

For anyone that caught last night’s UW/USC game (in Seattle)
for a late Sunday night game, THAT was impressive attendance. Probably 75% full
lots of students. There should not be any more attendance excuses. People should be fist fighting in the streets to get their hands on UH men’s basketball tickets. Babies and/or luxury vehicles should be bartered for season tickets. The UH ticket office phone lines should be constantly busy
just like a PBS telethon selling Bob Ross paintings.

Go attendance!!!

3 Likes

That was a good crowd. I was impressed with their student turnout. I just looked up their academic calendar and their Winter term starts today so that makes more sense on how many students were there.

3 Likes

When do classes start again at UH?

Looks like Jan 13th.

@wewantyoursoul speaking troof from the roof!!!

Give me Omaha and a B1G opponent

1 Like

You heard it here first
I want a piece of Gonzaga BAD!

1 Like

I like being matched up with Baylor in round 2. Even though they are winning, still a typical Baylor team who is soft and not motivated for most of the game.

2 Likes

Did not BU beat TT in Lubbock this week ?

Baylor is one of the best teams in the country right now, and they aren’t soft or unmotivated. I’d prefer to avoid teams like that until Sweet 16.

5 Likes

Well of course. But if we are a 7-10 seed, I would much rather play Baylor than Gonzaga, Kansas, Duke, Auburn, Michigan St. Their culture hasn’t changed. I know the inside of that program, the players, and former players. Only slight difference is they have a few juco/transfers that aren’t as entitled.

If they compete well at KU and back it up with a good win over Iowa St like they should, then I will change my opinion some. Winning in Lubbock last year would have been huge. This year’s Texas Tech has lost to 3 unranked teams and got into dog fights at home against terrible UT-RGV and Southern Miss, down at the half to both. Very inconsistent Tech team.