2020 Transfer Portal

My response (and I think everyone else’s) was to Bandera, not you. I agree it’s nice to have quality bigs and that can be the difference maker and help with making a deep run. Virginia last year was led by their guards but Diakite was a solid piece of their team.

But winning a title with a “dominant” big isn’t very common anymore and is not a pre-requisite to winning a championship at all.

We were stacked with guards and wings. Does anyone here believe we finish champs without Gresham and Harris. Cincy and Memphis would have killed us without those guys.
I don’t see us getting elite bigs but I bet Powell ends up being decent. Regardless I will trust coach. If he wants to play five midgets I’m ok with it Not arguing just voicing an opinion

Are you intentionally trying to misconstrue what I’m saying? I’m not advocating for small ball (well sort of, I think we should play a little bit more Nate at the 4 next year and bet we will but that’s not the point I was making).

You need upperclassmen guards!

Wasn’t replying to you…

If we had a big man who could score and put pressure on the inside, we would have a lot more blow outs and less of the scoring droughts that we go through.

2 Likes

Once again my master plan worked to perfection. The post that was banned was designed to trigger people so I could post the crying baby.

Now, for my next master plan…

2 Likes

Ok, my bad then!

No problem it all was confusing but we made it lol

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1239629297645748225

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1239629037166825472?s=20

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1239630016687804418?s=20

Man I know there was dysfunction but this seems to be a lot. Doesn’t look good from the outside.

Any legitimate reports on why this is happening?

same reports … battle over minutes and tons of infighting becuase of it…the players are saying its becuase they dont like marshall…
their beat writer did a story mid season about it, how marshall felt underlying issues with the team but no one wanted to address it, so he made all the player keep running till they decided to talk, and it became emotional and heated with player going at each other and the coaches, mostly based around minutes, how other players were playing, etc. (it was right after we destroyed them)… the end result was that he said it helped clear the air, and gave them a clean slate (At the time)…in hindsight probably wasn’t the best idea

Sounds like the perfect storm of the wrong mix of players.

1 Like

Teams might want to think twice before signing a WSU transfer, might be getting a prima donna or malcontent. Locker room harmony could be jeopardized for a player.

4 Likes

One bad apple usually. If you have an organizer in your locker room you’ve got a real problem. It’s hard to sort out with amateur athletes on a short time frame. You can just trade away the grown-ups (Latrell Srprewell, et. al.)

Sounds like Marshall used the military approach: make everyone pay for the subversive’s antics…until they turn on him. Must not have worked. That works in boot camp where spoiled kids have to deal with the UCMJ…but in this me-first environment prob harder.

1 Like

Seems like they had too many guards/wings fighting for mins. Gotta make sure everyone knows there role.

2 Likes

Other than their center ( a senior), I didn’t see anyone on their team I would trade for ANY of our guys.

And I would trade any of our guys for even him.

1 Like

A center like that would be great but we have the right players for our culture and some good ones coming for next season.

1 Like