2020 Transfer Portal

If all of these are still around, Cougars will be deadly. Where’s the Final Four that year?

New Orleans… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t forget Powell…he could be a big surprise in a couple of years…

That was just stupid. No need to stir the pot right now.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Sure thing chief. Be funnier if you’re gonna be political.

4 Likes

I thought the whining baby was hilarious.

Davis was a matchup challenge for our guards when he was aggressive on offense. Glad he is moving elsewhere.

Good for you. He made an unfunny post and responded with that. Good for you. You are easily entertained.

1 Like

Doubt seriously we accept any transfer guards.
If the right big comes in who can make a big impact the next 1-2 years then possibly. If we have a spot available.

Funny

This ^^^

When not hitting shots he was a +/- disaster given poor defense.

In that case, we should pass on him for sure.

For what it’s worth, he was quoting my list of guards/wings that would be here in two seasons if they don’t transfer/go pro which I laid out to show why I can’t see us picking up a sit 1 transfer guard/wing.

Powell, Roberts, and Alley are the primarily front court players who could be here then. If Dejon goes pro and Alley transfers with no other attrition I could see us adding a sit one transfer front court player depending on how the staff feels about 2021 recruiting right now.

Unless we have unexpected massive attrition I think it’s also probably extremely unlikely we’d add anyone with immediate eligibility unless it’s someone at a lower level who just wants to come in to mainly be an emergency option and work hard as an additional practice body like Goesling did.

1 Like

I guess my point here is that we are not going to an elite eight without a decent big man or two…

For sure Butch I’ve been saying this forever we need a dominant big man to win it all, 3 point shooting ain’t going to get it done, I know CKS likes outside game, really surprised he doesn’t make a big man a priority? Watching that 30 for 30 about phi slama jama really brought it back into focus ala Akeem lol

1 Like

Plenty of teams win it all without a dominant big man. Look at all the recent title winners. Of the last 7 some of them had quality bigs, but the only one with a “dominant” big man was Duke in 2015 with Okafor.

You win in March/April with guards.

Also, those guys are hard to recruit because there’s so few of them. We’re trying to get Daimion Collins next year.

3 Likes

I disagree, the tournament is all about guard play. The era of dominant big men is all but over.

2 Likes

Agree with TJ and 85. You can’t win without the guards. This isn’t the 60s thru mid-80s. Different game

1 Like

Never said that guards and wings aren’t the key elements but having a decent big can put you over the hump. Jmo

1 Like