2021-2022 NET Rankings

Also, teams that Florida had already played took a hit, OU, FSU and Ohio State all dropped 5 spots last night despite not playing.

1 Like

And TSU jumped like 90 spots

1 Like

They have the 4th toughest SOS in the country per KenPom. Not a surprise they would jump with a strong win on the road and by a decent margin.

I know the focus has been on football but it looks like we are moving out just in time from a basketball standpoint……
AAC is going down the toilet…… even the almighty Memphis is a dud…. You can have all the 5 stars in the world but if everyone is concerned about their own “numbers” and no team buy in……we’ll, you have Memphis.

1 Like

If Memphis loses more rotation players to transfer after this season we will have some answers

So I don’t know much about the different ranking systems around but I know some on the board laugh at ESPN’s power rankings in both football and basketball. I just saw this during lunch and thought I would post to see if anyone thinks it is laugh-worthy.

1 Like

Power rankings and the Power Index are different. They do their power rankings where their writers vote and then there is this index which is a computer equation.

Which is the laughable one? Rankings or Index?

If you look at us an Perdue, you can see we got a lot of credit for our loss. no other reason for us to be higher

1 Like

:laughing: :joy: :rofl:

So I said rankings but obviously I meant index since that’s the link I posted.

That may be the link you posted, but you may have gotten confused as to what people had been making fun of previously.

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1468746377421201415?s=20

5 Likes

With losses last night Purdue drops 5 spots to #6. Texas drops 4 and is now 21 and Iowa goes from top ten to #32. UH is now # 3

3 Likes

If memory serves, that’s the highest we’ve ever been in the NET poll. I recall we were #4 several weeks last year.

Iowa State crushed Iowa.

The Cyclones are still undefeated. They were horrible last year. Like if the bad news bears decided to quit baseball and go hard on hoops level bad.

They crushed it with the transfer portal. 4 of their 5 leading scorers were transfers and the others a freshman. Its basically a brand new team plus a few bench players they retained.

Kinda like us.

Dropped one spot in the NET. Life moves on.

1 Like

Templecentric but some UH relevant info in it.
From Dec 10 - NET will have changed a little from recent games.

"The Owls are the seventh-rated team in the American, which has five teams in a good early position to contend for an NCAA Tournament bid – Houston, Cincinnati, Wichita State, Memphis(???), and UCF…

Future AAC member UAB is ranked higher than any league member except Houston,…

On the other end of the rankings, the American has three teams rated in the bottom half of the nation’s 358 Division I programs – Tulane, Tulsa, and USF. The A-10 has four teams in that sphere, while four of the six teams from Conference USA that are slated to join the American are in the bottom half nationally.

https://247sports.com/college/temple/Article/Temple-basketball-Owls-rated-135th-in-NET-compare-AAC-A-10-future-AAC-teams-177929041/