2021-2022 NET Rankings

We dropped 1 to #5 last night. Memphis up 18 spots to # 58 after beating Bama

1 Like

Both UH and Alabama looked “leg weary” in last nights games . . . . .

2 Likes

Saturday night’s game was every bit a second weekend NCAA tournament game. Both teams were worn out by the war.

If Sasser, Cheney and Mark had played we would have won by 40.

2 Likes

AAC is reverting back to the mean in a couple of years. Maybe Wichita will still be good. Either way the conference ceiling for tourney bids will probably be 2 simply because the conference schedule will weigh them down.

Lunardi has us as a #3 seed in the San Antonio region

UCF, he has getting the auto bid.

Memphis and Wichita are First Four Out

Cincinnati are Next Four Out

If we’re placed in the same region as Baylor, it’ll be very challenging for UH to return to the Final Four.

Baylor beat us decisively last year in the FF and they appear to be as good if not better this year.

1 Like

If I had a choice between playing in the West Region or East Region vs a Duke or a Gonzaga

Or play UCLA and Baylor in San Antonio, I’ll take San Antonio.

Maybe we don’t make it out of that Region, but at the least the fans can travel

West Region (San Francisco)

East Region (Philadelphia)

Midwest (Chicago)

South (San Antonio)

UCF getting the auto bid !!!

Ha !

1 Like

He always gives the team currently in first place and gives them the autobid. UCF is in first because they have a conference win. We haven’t played a conference game yet.

3 Likes

Throw em a bone, let em have some joy at Christmas. Next year it’ll be back to the grindstone. Us being the grindstone, and UCF being the roasted piñas de agave.

1 Like

Which kinda tells you how silly these rankings are before about mid February.

I just ran my Adjusted Scoring Margins.

The formula is average scoring margin / (kenpom pace per 100) + kenpom Adj SOS. Example: Houston wins by 22.6 ppg. KenPom pace is 66.5 possessions per game. So that translates into 22.6/(66.5/100) or 33.98 per 100 possessions against the actual schedule. Then add SOS of +1.65 for a total of 35.63 points per 100 possessions against an average foe.

Bottom line, you’ve got Arizona, LSU, Purdue, Houston and Baylor all around 36.25 +/- 1. Then a huge drop off to Gonzaga at 30.3 and Kansas at 28.86.

1 Like

Don’t look now, but the TX St. win moved us up the Ken Pom Rankings.

4 Likes

Fantastic!

NET just came out

UH #4

2 Likes

Texas State went from 80 to 73, after losing to us, by 30 points

2 Likes

That is amazing
translation “It’s not YOU it’s US.”

1 Like

Best part is that is the difference between them being a Q2 win versus a Q3 win for us.

edit: Nevermind. They went down to 100 in NET. But it looks like we gained another Q2 win somewhere. Haven’t figure out who rose in the NET to get there yet.

In KenPom?

They went from 71 to 100 in the Net.

Oklahoma State rose to 73. A neutral court win over 73 is quad two, right?

Also, Hofstra’s win at Monmouth shot the Pride from 93 to 71.

3 Likes