2021-2022 UH Basketball Roster

we’re a versatile fanbase

3 Likes

funkmaster has produced verbal gymnastics before, perhaps he can interweave uh bball superstardom with jfk, the pyramids, and russian uboats in the north pole.

In before the lock! :roll_eyes: :rofl:

The depth looks great…but talking about the bigs, in Sampson’s system he doesn’t really differentiate between a center and a power forward like back in the day. He plays two “bigs” and three “wings,” one of which is a true point. He preferably wants his bigs to be able to shoot to space out the floor. It’ll be interesting to see how many 3’s Fabian takes (and makes) this year. I’m not really sure on the outside shooting capabilities of any other bigs on the roster?

1 Like

I thought I saw a video of Carlton showing a little bit of range.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s “1” for me. Grimes was a fantastic Coog and I loved watching him play but I have to reserve “superstar” status for the generational type of talents.

2 Likes

With limited time last year, Fabian showed great strength and touch around the rim and a good looking 3 point shot. I don’t think we need him shooting a ton of 3s. If he can shoot 33% on about 3 attempts per game, that’s enough to spread the floor and make other teams respect the threat.

3 Likes

I will say this, had Grimes returned under Sampson he probably would have been a unanimous AA…but we are truly living in crazy times when we probably will not see the elite players hang around more than two years, three at the very most…

2 Likes

I mean the truly elite players and even the less than truly players Heber been leaving after one for like the post decade or so. I don’t think it’s that much crazier

Well you can go back to the '70s when Mo Malone and Chocolate Thunder went straight to the pros out of high school…there have been elite players leaving early for many years…but then again, I think this is all new for us Cougar fans, something we will obviously have to get used to…