2022 Houston Baseball Fall Schedule: Rice-Oct 15th at 2pm on Saturday (Free Admission) & @ Texas-Oct 23d

Did they pass out rosters today?

1 Like

Aggie freshman from Tompkins hit 3 dingers in their game today including a bomb that reportedly went 450 feet!
Forget it we never had a shot at him or the center fielder who is at Ole Miss

2 Likes

Yes, with a schedule on the back.
Home series: Cal, Oklahoma, NW State (La), ECU, USF, Wichita, Cincinnati
Road series: UTRGV, Minnesota, Wichita, Tulane, Memphis, UCF
Tournament: Ok State, Utah, A&M-CC
Midweeks: UTSA, TSU, Prairie View, A&M, McNeese, Southern, Sam (3), Rice (3), HBU, Lamar

2 Likes

Ugh to the mid week games

1 Like

Looks like a rough schedule ā€¦ā€¦ for us. :neutral_face:

So have we officially applied for admissions to the SWAC?

3 Likes

Not sure what our chances would be

1 Like

Better than the Southland or C-USA?

I miss the days when we hosted LSU, Texas and other powerhouses.
Once again this schedule is embarrassing, to say the least.

3 Likes

What, no Columbia? I thought sure we would be returning that series this season. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

So please correct me if I have overlooked anyoneā€¦ā€¦we have ECU ( who we have to play because of conference) and Oklahoma as the only series against teams in the tournament last year?
A mid-week vs A$M and maybe a tournament game va OSU but not guaranteedā€¦ā€¦

How do we not even have games against San Marcos? Donā€™t want to be embarrassed?

This is just as bad as last yearā€¦ā€¦Can someone tell me what the damn point is? Are we going to win 40 games and then act shocked when we donā€™t make the tournament?

I would rather see us with a difficult schedule. Even if we only won 20-25 games at least it would let us have an idea of how much we needed to improve heading into Big -12.

This is ridiculous.

5 Likes

How in the world has the program been allowed to get to this point. Was HCC and Lone Star College booked ?

3 Likes

This is what I said. Schedule a tourney-level schedule and you pass or fail. Hell, youā€™d damn near have an excuse. But with this middlin slate weā€™re back to posting flyers about having the most two out hits since 2015 and most stolen base attempts in visiting ballparks.

Pez is just ## around and keeping Todd safe until we join the B12. Because once weā€™re there thereā€™s no protecting anybody. Renu will step in at the point of embarrassment.

Pez is literally hiding the program in plain sight. Kicking the proverbial can.

3 Likes

Funk, did you know they were second in the country in a pretty major stat?

They hit .313 on road games on Saturday where the game started after dark on a full moon on natural grass fields.

Only hit .243 under the same circumstances on a turf fieldā€¦ā€¦I donā€™t get it.

2 Likes

Get the posters printed!!! Thatā€™ll get ā€˜em in the gate! Freakin Pez and his fluff schedules.

2 Likes

Some of our fellow posters on here think Minnesota is a good add to the scheduleā€¦ā€¦I think we have several fans that donā€™t understand RPI, etc.

3 Likes

Freakin RPI is college baseball nowadays. You either play the game or you donā€™t. You canā€™t make a schedule and tell your team they have to go 48-12 just to get in. Thatā€™s weak.

4 Likes

This ^^^^^^^^ like 1000%

3 Likes

For whatever reason under Pez we have weak schedules, especially at home, in football and hoops too.
Very disappointing and we worry about putting fannies in the seats.
Thank goodness we have a highly ranked hoops team!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1583911069881352193

Still no roster online.