2022 Houston Baseball Fall Schedule: Rice-Oct 15th at 2pm on Saturday (Free Admission) & @ Texas-Oct 23d

But it has the super important people on the roster.

I was told the UT game is a scrimmage.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1584225391543476235

UT-Arlington transfer.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1584261864644411392

Dartmouth transfer.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1584268843027140608

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1584278587871760385

1 Like

Gotta be here for the bat….don’t think he will be pitching at all.

He hit .352 in the Ivy.

2 Likes

Just to get y’all hyped for the season……after 6 innings it was Texas 12 Coogs 1

Really excited Pez made the right decision……plenty to look forward to headed into Big 12.

1 Like

Not sure how many innings they are playing but the Coogs are coming back!!!Not really.

In the 14th inning they are down 17-5

1 Like

Can we break even with our Soft schedule?
This has to be Todd’s last year. I’m thinking we will regress again this year.
Any information on our new team?

2 Likes

That is so sad, getting our arses handed to us in a scrimmage

2 Likes

We know last year should have been his last to let a new guy come in and get his feet wet……

This has absolutely got to be his last year.

I mean no disrespect to any parents with kids on the team……but 1/2 this team if not more should not be on a UH team about to be Big 12 bound.
Even posters that love them some CTW have to admit recruiting has gone downhill.
I’m not gonna use any names because I know these kids are going to compete as hard as they can.

Butch, we actually have fans that consider this a good schedule….Those who know baseball realize it is no better than last year.
I would say putting up a similar record as last year should be doable….just not sure.

Did anyone ever find confirmation of his extension?

As I sit here , it’s a year later and absolutely nothing has been done to get better and I’m gobsmacked……more than anything is that our AD does not seem to care.

This was a REALLY good program with the potential to be a GREAT program heading into Big 12….but nobody cares……I just don’t get it.

4 Likes

Final score was 18-5 after 14 innings.

We could have used Porter Brown as a transfer……wonder if we even reached out.

Will the roster be up in time for the start of the season?

2 Likes

Not sure how many people care at this point….sad

Think about where this program was 20 years ago….then 15 and 10….even 5.

Look at where it is now……I don’t think any of us could have predicted it could sink this badly….absolutely crazy if you look at where it was to where it is currently.

2 Likes

Yes it is. I am afraid that no one cares about the Baseball Program any more. Sad, actually it’s pathetic, the one program that should thrive, no matter G5/P5 or CUSA/AAC/Big 12 and we’re down to UTRGV, LU, HBU, UIW level…and that’s not a slight on those programs as they have no where near the resources UH has.

2 Likes

I went to the UH vs ECU volleyball match on Sunday. There were more fans there than I’ve seen at a UHBB game in several years.

5 Likes

Good thing we got that shiny new baseball facility.

The bar for us is ECU, will worry about Texas next year

The bar for us may be everyone we play this year.
Our AD has a lot on his plate these days and cream puff schedules are not the answer.
As far I know Whitting has not gotten an extension. Maybe he retires this year or moves to another position at UH.
Regardless this whole thing has been handled terribly wrong.

5 Likes

What kind of position do you envision him accepting?

Fundraiser maybe? Maybe not

1 Like

The thing that has me most upset is college baseball blueblood programs don’t duck competition.

We could get one offs and travel series vs the cream of the crop.

It’s in their best interest to jack that RPI out of conf.
Just a few slots higher for NCAA 1st round host seedings make a world of difference.

They load up the lower seeded hosts w tough outs. Not just the regional good G5 teams.
They usually send one SEC/ACC/B12 #3 type out your way.

1 Like