2023-24 Houston Cougars Basketball Season

Either TA or Dunn will be the first guy off the bench with the other starting at the 3 both will be seeing 20+ minutes per game imo.

1 Like

Love what we’ve got so far. Would love it even more if we add another piece through the portal!

1 Like

Yup, nothing breaks a teams will more than subbing 3+ guys out without a noticeable drop in play.

2 Likes

I’m being patient. You & Joprior have told me a 3rd player from the transfer portal will commit to UH soon

2 Likes

Don’t know but I’m glad we can take a summer trip this year, I think with the turnover of key players were going to need the extra practice and playing time.

1 Like

In an ideal world it’s Shead, Cryer, Dunn, J’Wan, and a Portal big with TArc, Sharp, Lath, Wilson and Tugler off the bench

3 Likes

Don’t forget about Ramon and Javier. So far they haven’t transferred out for a reason.

Ive heard Mylik as another possibility. I dont think Francis transfers because he would be a big who has some experience in our program besides Roberts.

so who are the bigs we have?

J’wan + Francis with “experience”

Lath + McFarlan as freshman?

really feel like we need to bring in another experienced guy from the portal

2 Likes

Our residential recruiting guru @Joprior23 said theyre some moving pieces happening behind the scenes. Coach will most likely add one more player thru TP. A stretch 4.

1 Like

Who is the odd man out on the current roster? It’s gotta be one of the guards right?

In all honesty, I think it’s Ramon. We know he is lacking on the offensive side of the ball and is too big/slow to guard the #1 & #2 positions. I think Mylik’s ability to defend those positions and also run the backup PG, gives him an advantage.

4 Likes

I’d pick Mylik for ability on the court. But it’d be so hard to see Ramon go. So I’ll just let it play out how the staff chooses

1 Like

I dont think Ramon was even injured but he decided to redshirt in the middle of the season. Just for that i may give Wilson the edge.

2 Likes

Bad news for the height monitors, JoJo is 6’6 with no shoes. Good news for this who don’t give a rats, JoJo has a 7’6 wingspan!

Also Ced is a monster holy cow

2 Likes

Here comes Pesik to highlight all his weaknesses & short comings in his game lol i kid i kid.

2 Likes

Ramon Walker Jr. just confirmed he isn’t transferring on his IG story.

1 Like

He might be and not know it . . . . .

If they land the stretch 4 that Jo is referring to, someone is gone and they don’t know it yet. Sucks but it’s the reality.

2 Likes