2023-24 Houston Cougars Basketball Season

But Fabian want shooting 3s until his final season. He made 2 3s in his first three seasons, then made 49 his senior year.

Francis at 5 and Roberts at 4 isnā€™t the worst front court. What combo would be better?

1 Like

@hill but Fabian did have that mid range jumper down since sophomore yr.

How many times have we seen Jwan shoot a baseline jumper or elbow jumper in a game? Not talking hook shot. Just straight up jumper

Honestly, im never seen it. just free throws. So, expecting the jump that Fabian madeā€¦im skeptical

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, I just wanna believe.

1 Like

Idk why the link just copied as a picture, thanks for posting

Its mid at best! How about coach bringing in a stretch 4.

Depth is a beautiful thing.

Itā€™s been 4 hours 15 hours ago why isnā€™t the transfer thread opening

Someone said the word homosexual

I went and looked at the thread and didnā€™t see anything flagged. WTH

1 Like

I think Francis is going to be a stud - the flashes he has shown are big time - he could be one of the best bigs in the nation over the next couple seasons. If Jā€™wan get more of a mid range game added this summer and an occasional 3, they should be monsters together. Then we are platooning guards and / wings Shead, Cryer, Dunn as the starters with Arceneaux (3&4), Walker, Sharpe - and Jefferson, he maybe ready to play this year, he is a stud. Then back up bigs Lath with his body and Tugler, can both bang immediately. McFarland is skinny and young looking - but pretty athletic. I think this team will be better than last yearā€™s team

1 Like

Roberts plays with his back to the basket. Has that nice hook shot.

Predict that he and Francis will combine to play the 5.

IF Francis takes some Great Leap Forward we then have a different deal.

1 Like

The problem with thinking Roberts isnā€™t going to expand his game is this is his last season to show the pros what he can do.
Unless he has no desire to play at the highest level professionally he has to understand he needs to show he can shoot.

I donā€™t see Roberts staying if Sampson told him his role would be the low post guy again. It would be career suicide. Jā€™Wan is going to come out shooting 3ā€™s and possibly mid range shots, the question is will he hit them and if he doesnā€™t will coach tell him to stop shooting and get under the basket?

1 Like

Hoffa,
When the Team plays in Australia, we will know if Jwan has any outside game.

4 Likes

with no addition, i dont see how next years team is betterā€¦ the defense and rebounding are taking a hitā€¦ and while i think we can replace the guard offense ā€¦ we have no replacement for jarace not only as a scorer but more importantly as a floor space

i have my doubts about francis being a studā€¦ he has the body and athleticism to be a studā€¦im starting to question if he has the basketball IQ to be a stud. it made no sense why he got no pt at surface levelā€¦ our best rim protector and rebounder (*at the 5) - honestly not close in those 2 aspectsā€¦ on a per possesion basis he was elite his block rate and rebound rate were amazing, putting into question why he wasnt playingā€¦ he fouls alot but you can let him go out there foul out ā€¦instead of not playing him at allā€¦

but on a deeper look at his film, he is a poor decision makerā€¦ he pre-decides what he wants to do with the ball before he gets passes and sticks to it no matter whatā€¦ IMO i think his lack of decision making would have been more exposed on longer minutesā€¦ he doesnt have post moves like that but ive seen trying to force a 3 on1 post trap, with multiple players open. on with doubles

2 Likes

If it was that bad that it wouldnā€™t work out this year, he would be out in the portal. Even with another transfer big, heā€™s projected to play a bunch of minutes

chris harris was a worse decision maker than francis ā€¦ sampson has shown he has the capacity to try and make it workā€¦

3 Likes

Lunardi likes UH Hoop in 23-24.
UH #2 in 2024

2 Likes

Wow! Has us winning the Big 12 tourney to get the AQ. Thatā€™s stout!

1 Like

Nice. I wouldnā€™t have expected us to be picked to win the conference next year.