2023-24 Houston Cougars Basketball Season

Must all be blue bloods who are from contiguous states.

1 Like
3 Likes

I didn’t see Arkansas on the list? :thinking:

2 Likes

Your youthfulness is quite evident.

I was just thinking we could field a heck of a team from players not being mentioned. Thinking about all the great defensive guards we’ve had over the years, I used to love watching Brian Latham play defense.

3 Likes

I need to mention Derrick Daniels, from Ft. Worth Dunbar, who was a highly celebrated recruit in Texas, in the mid 1980s. Daniels was UH’s best PG after Rob Williams for a number of years. Daniels started all 124 games at UH, including his freshman season. He led the team to two NCAA and one NIT Tournament games. Individually, he was honorable mention All-America from the Basketball Times for setting the freshman assist record and was named on the AP SWC All Newcomer Team.

With UH’s great talent in the Lewis and Sampson eras, Daniels gets kind of lost in the shuffle. Most of our younger fans have never heard of him, but he deserves to be in this conversation.

7 Likes

Anthony Goldwire.

3 Likes

Goldwire was another good one. I wish we would have had him 4 years.

2 Likes

That distinction goes to Anthony Goldwire.

He along with Bo Outlaw deserve some mention.

2 Likes
5 Likes

One of my favorite players EVER @ UH.

Man was he fun to watch!!

Thanks for sharing that Coog51.

1 Like

I had the privilege of having a PE class with Lou in 1974. He was a walking/talking stand up comic. A laugh every minute.

4 Likes

Didn’t know where to put this but found this write up on Tugler’s development. Goes really in detail. It’s pretty long. I’m so excited to see him play again

8 Likes

Mark Hamel hasn’t aged well.

I think he looks pretty good for 72

5 Likes

Have you seen Mel Brooks at 97!?

Guy is still sharp as a tack.