2023 Big 12 Football Schedule

Because they would be playing us as “peers”

5 Likes

Because they didn’t share a conference with them.

What exactly does that mean though? By playing us as conference mates, it threatens them in some way? P.S.- I couldn’t care less if we play them. I don’t give a shi*. Good riddance.

1 Like

The main reason that I can’t stand them is for some of their obnoxious fans like Ross Villareal from Sportstalk 790, who goes out of his way to talk crap about UH at any chance that he gets. I have friends who went there who are cool though and visiting there during college was fun. I certainly wish we had more tradition at UH like they do. I wish our fans showed out like theirs as well.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think RV is even a graduate of UT. He’s a troll and loves that role. I haven’t listened to that show in years.

I too have had co-workers and friends that went to and graduated from UT over the years. Most all are cool. The worst ones seem to be the t-shirt fans.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know since I refuse to watch UT play any sport unless they are playing UH. Just seeing the score with UT losing is enough for me.

But I am pretty sure anything with their colors, band, or fans would be irritating to a bunch of UH fans, including myself.

4 Likes

I’m with you Red. But when seeing the score, just had to tune in to see the faces of disappointment…priceless.

1 Like

On a semi-related story,

One of my coaches back in high school played football at Texas Tech. One of the boosters came out to our practice wearing UT sweatshirt.

“Take that bullsit off!” My coach yelled when he saw it

The booster laughed and asked if he was an Aggie.

My coach looked as though you insulted his mother after hearing that question.

All these years later and I still remember it like it was yesterday. So glad to finally be in a regional P5 conference so these types of interactions become more common.

4 Likes

I’m not looking forward to being called cougar high more often from these schools.

4 Likes

Here is a UNCONFIRMED BYU leak that’s floating around. IF and I mean IF this is legit, looks like UT and OU are gonna play all 4 new schools on the road which would explain the hissy fit

6 Likes

UH undergrad. UT grad school. All my loyalties are to UH.
While in grad school at UT, I went to a UT home game with a grad school friend who had been UT undergrad. We were in the student/Greek section on the East side. Before the game, they do this call back routine. Home side (west) yells “Texas” and student (east) side responds “Fight”. What I was hearing from those around me, though, was not “Fight”. They were actually yelling “White”, so the call back was “Texas” - “White”. I asked what that was all about. My buddy said it was a tradition among the Greek students to respond “white” to honor the 1960 team that was the last all white national championship team. I just shook my head.
That was a few years ago. I don’t know if they still do that or not.

7 Likes

What’s worse is that all white national championship team was in 1970.

2 Likes

There’s no high like a Cougar High.

3 Likes

No sir, I don’t encourage being called that. lol I went to a Tier one university that is rated higher than and harder to get into that Texas Tech.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had heard there was a “special” pride amongst Horn old-timers about that NC team. I believe it was 1969, though…

1 Like

The earlier schedule that was torn up had Tech going to Provo and Houston next year.

1 Like

yes, UH being seen equal to them in anyway threatens their “superior” position. same reason their leaving for the SEC. to many po folk dirtying up their neighborhood.

3 Likes

A t-shirt fan like his other co-workers but they get to spew crap on the radio and will ignore everyone else in their backyard

That must be the requirement to work in sports out here

1 Like

Then we should always refuse to play them in basketball. We don’t want to “lower our profile”. lol

2 Likes

Disdain sells. Say sh!t to stir up the locals because they’ll listen to you if they love you or if they hate you, but not if they don’t care.

Who knows what sportscasters really think? No matter how much they say they “tell it like it is,” most likely you hear what is most likely to drive ratings.

No need to praise all things UH, but no need to be cruel, either, other than fan engagement.