2023 Big 12 Football Schedule

No. Ross genuinely does this. He genuinely dislikes UH. His cohost Matt Thomas is a Coog, so it’s not like I tune in just to listen to Ross talk crap. In fact, I would be glad if he was no longer on the show.

4 Likes

UT did not win a national championship in 1960. 1963 was their first ever national championship.

UH estimated conference distribution -Ball park
2019-$3 mil-AAC
2022-$8 mil-AAC
2023-20 mil-Big12
2024-25 mil-Big12
2025-50 mil-Big12

For UH, Texas announcing their move to the SEC was the best news ever.

Direct quote from Pez ( Duarte)

“A lot of people question, ‘When are you going to play Texas or OU?’ Who cares? We got in. We’re all right. If that happens, that’s a bonus. Don’t worry about that. There’s so many other cool things happening. That’s icing on the cake.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Houston-Cougars-Big-12-transition-one-year-away-17279671.php

10 Likes

Playing UT is a big deal regardless on what Pezman says. My nephew and niece went to UT, and they were talking about the big game at a Christmas party. Coach Holgorsen needs to pull out all the stops because this may be the last time we play them for awhile. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Where is this article?

Post edited with link to article.

1 Like

For awhile? We haven’t played them since 2001. If we don’t play them, we just go on about our business.

9 Likes

I’d almost prefer to skip UT next season. We are gonna get drubbed in conference and I’d prefer they weren’t a part of it. We’d have to have everything go our way to beat UT next season. Let’s get the new rivalries underway and not deal with UT and OU.

6 Likes

In our case its just deeply ingrained hatred. Not fear. Not recruiting. Its the money at the highest levels of their booster community that viscerally despise us and never approved of us in their conference.

3 Likes

Better than being called Cougar High from fans of ECU, Memphis, Tulsa, and Tulane …

3 Likes

I don’t let those monikers bother me. We call them worse. Sitting Bull didn’t do a lot of sitting. He rode around and kicked ##.

2 Likes

I rarely saw us called that by their fans when I would look at the AAC board. Maybe it’s because we did a lot winning.

3 Likes

What did we call them?

hmmm, that lessens the chance that current members could get them at home their last season. i would think tech would want texas and ok st want ou at home as they have a better chance to win.
maybe the conf figures less bad possibilities with the fans, you know tech would go nuts; maybe fill up the ut buses with tortillas. :grinning:

Tech had ut at home this past season.

The Big 12 is 1-5 in bowl games so far, with a chance to go 1-7. Maybe we should quit worrying so much about playing in the new conference next year, and just relish the opportunity.

2 Likes

Oh ye of little faith and slow to believe.

1 Like

So are you saying we will open with TCU as our first conference game? I doubt that

2 Likes

No one will be able to complain about a weak schedule.

4 Likes

That’s what everybody including our beatwriters have said.