2023 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Thread

Ben McDonald - a # 1 overall from LSU gets the Baton Rouge games?

Some games from Coral Gables Regional on Longhorn Network ?

1 Like

Columbia

Coral Gables

Fayetteville

Stillwater

These four stand out to me as the strongest regionals.

You guys have any thoughts?

Others that look tough?

Any of mine you disagree with?

Did we do some sort of game/contest last year to see who got the most correct out of all 16 regionals?
Or did I make that up in my head?

No regionals in Texas. I can’t remember that ever happening.
The top 16 NCAA RPI are all hosting except for #13 Campbell & #16 DBU. I’m not sure about Campbell’s facilities, but DBU has hosted before.
#17 Oklahoma State and #19 Auburn are the top 16 exceptions. Big 12 & SEC. I guess 7 SEC regionals weren’t enough, but 8 is enough.

4 Likes

4 Likes

DBU has a very good facility. They could have easily hosted, but it was more important to give the SEC opportunities that they don’t often get to host. South Carolina hosting is a huge joke!

4 Likes

“the Scarlet Knights beefed up their nonconference schedule like post-1999 Barry Bonds. Rutgers actually led the B1G in nonconference strength of schedule. The Scarlet Knights ranked 41st in that metric after finishing 238th last season.

Unfortunately, Rutgers wasn’t able to recapture the winning magic of last season. The Knights weren’t even a bubble team, finishing 33-23 overall with a 14-10 record in conference play.”

UH removed any non-conference beef from its schedule and finished with 35 wins which was also too few to sniff a bid. Record vs top 150 teams was likely under water.

UH was not even close to the bubble….like a galaxy away.

3 Likes

Not many upsets today….just a few

Hey Funk….Sam Houston certainly showed they were worthy today….Glad I’m not a SAM fan.

18-2? Dang.

1 Like

Rider, Oral Roberts and Penn finally came through. Can Nicholls pull out a win over Bama? Doubtful.

1 Like

#13 Campbell & #16 DBU were passed over to host in favor of #17 Oklahoma State and #19 Auburn, both of whom went 2 & out. I love it when that happens. DBU put an exclamation point on it with an 18-4 win over Oklahoma State.

3 Likes

Aggy takes control of the regional by downing Stanford.

Did not know, but they led the nation in drawn walks, with 382 heading into the regional. That’s impressive.

1 Like

If DBU, UT and A&M win, would any host a super?

If the regional 1-seeds from the regionals their regionals are matched with lose, it could happen. Example: a&m is at #8 national seed Stanford, ut is at #9 national seed Coral Gables. If they both advance, I believe they would bid to host the super, so they would face each other.

1 Like

Texas Tech, Oral Roberts and Penn all sitting in the cat birds seat.

I don’t think an Ivy League team has ever made a super regional.

Rooting for ECU over OU. 8-1 Pirates in the fifth.

Tulane already out.

1 Like

Hmmm. I wonder who put Tulane out!
Psshh. :thinking:

How bout dem Kats! Beat da Tigahs!

1 Like

Wow. Big win!!! Congrats Jesse!

Hey. Appreciate ya. The Coogs couldn’t quite beat the Wave to get to the Conf Ship gm. The Kats have had a solid Baseball program for long time running.
Ok we’re good now. Go throw Crap somewhere else.

Out!

So now you are dogging the home team? UH board little guy….

This is not a Sam Houston board….not sure why anyone would brag over beating a 19 win team…maybe on the SAM board.

Why don’t you go and retire from the board for the 80th time.

Make sure you tell everyone how mistreated you were first.

“Out”