1. 3Arkansas

2. 14Louisiana - aq

BIRMINGHAM
  1. 7Purdue

2. 10St. John’s

3. 2Baylor - aq

4. 15Vermont - aq

2 Likes

I’ll DEFINITELY be in Birmingham if we end up playing there this season.

2 Likes

Just for fun i went back and looked at Andy Katz ‘22 preseason bracket, published Sept of ‘21. He got 2 of 68 — Nova as a 2, Texas Southern as 16 — with regards to seeding, 0 of 68 if you include regions into the mix.

5 Likes

COOGS getting love from other coaches.
:wink:
https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1567297657739309056?s=20&t=PlWB4ixH0uoS1Dr0lm5ICg

9 Likes

a UNC-UH final in Houston sounds good to me.

6 Likes

Extra 2 rounds ? Still have “play in” rounds ?
Seems realistic the B12 could have every team make the tourney at times.
It would be much more $ once all the extra credits kick in.

Don’t love the idea but it seems inevitable.

NCAA Transformation Committee introduces concept for potentially expanding fields in postseason tournaments - CBSSports.com

" The committee is putting an idea on the table that all Division I sports could allow as much as 25% of a sport’s teams to be able to qualify for said sport’s NCAA bracket. In layman’s terms – and at its extreme – this would mean college basketball’s 363-school population could one day, theoretically, allow for as many as 90 teams in March Madness."

1 Like

Already have my tickets! Bought a couple in Orlando just in case. :slightly_smiling_face:

Way too early to get this started… but who cares.

Updated as of 11/8/22:

Torvik: 5

Kenpom: 6

Sagarin: 4

BPI: 4

2 Likes

AAC Computer Numbers 11/13/22:

1 Like

Bracket Matrix has started publishing 2023 numbers…

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Coogs a 1 seed. #4

1 Like

11-16-22

Houston:

Torvik: 2

Kenpom: 4

Sagarin: 2

BPI: 4

Did you see the Goobs that have us a #3 seed?

Probably some east coast guys in mom’s basement……zero credibility.

3 Likes

Three ranking had us as a three.
1 now has us as a #1

1 now has us as a #2

And the last hasnt updated anything since 10/27

So that’s fine, I guess. Can’t expect everyone to realize that his is the greatest NCAA basketball team ever (Better than UConn women 2009-2010) all at the same time. Even this board has its doubters! Time will show

2 Likes

Right now Lunardi has us a #1 in the Midwest region, with a potential second round matchup in Columbus against Ohio State. I’ll burn NCAA HQ to the ground if they do us like that lol

2 Likes

Ohio st. Is TOO SLOW for the Coogs……Big 10 sucks.

3 Likes

I don’t care how slow they are, nobody should have to play a true road game in the NCAAT, let alone a #1 seed.

2 Likes

Common man.

Not sure how you would be afraid of OSU…… and I guarantee there will be a whole mess of Coog fans including me that will be evening out the crowd.

Two teams will be playing road games against us in the final four……

Tranquillo

2 Likes

Not sure how up to date any of these projections are and I know we’re early, but I am not understanding the love for North Carolina right now. They have not been impressive in any of their 3 games yet, and all 3 have been against scrubs.

Kenpom Rankings
UNC Wilmington - 212
Charleston - 176
Gardner-Webb - 186

1 Like

Agreed, teams like Michigan State, Illinois and Indiana are levels better than Ohio State in the B1G anyways

With Lunardi’s No.1 seeds being UNC, Kentucky, Gonzaga and UH there’s no reason why we should be playing 1st/2nd rds in Columbus when we’re supposed to get favorable placing.

Send UNC to Greensboro, Zags to Sacramento, Kentucky to Columbus and UH to Birmingham.

1 Like