2023 Roster?

Wonder why it’s not posted, hell the JUCOs even have their roster posted…must be state secrets…we’re hiding out The Secret Weapon for the March to Omaha !

2 Likes

I don’t know why it hasn’t been posted. My friend sent me a copy of the schedule and roster for this year.
Somebody is getting lazy.
This friend of mine invited me to some kind of dinner for the baseball program Wednesday night so I am interested in hearing what is said

2 Likes

That is what is so darn maddening…UH Baseball should be a perinnial Top 25 powerhouse

2 Likes

Live from the coaches office——

I feel like we’re forgetting something guys.

From head coach to student manager, there are 14 non-players……not one could step up and put up the PLAYERS ROSTER….even if it’s not your job, step up and offer.

Notice they all got their pics and bios up….it’s pathetic….CTW can say it’s not their fault, not their responsibility……but details matter….prospective parents, players, coaches all look for the roster……what kind of impression of the program do you think they get?
It’s not a good one I promise….If your top guy isn’t paying attention no one else will.

Butch , I guarantee they will have some sort of excuse….

Somebody mentioned Juco’s……they are the absolute last ones to have a roster up because of circumstance.

A month ago we all kinda chuckled about it….nothing funny about it now.

1 Like

Most Cougar sports programs stay on top of things when it comes to social media, but for some reason no info on the baseball team and the soccer program is just as bad.
I doubt if any Big 12 school has this problem.
Like my son said, get an assistant or a student volunteer needing credit.
Beyond lazy

1 Like

I guarantee Parents and coaches have looked multiple times to see if the roster was up.

Parents of current players want to see their babies pic and bio and show it off to family and friends……and they should, it’s a big accomplishment……

But even more important is prospective parents are looking at it( or wanting to) to see how many players play the same position as their kids and what class they are graduating.

Same goes for “ Showcase coaches”, they want to send their guys to places they can play….if they have a legit SS but a certain school already has 3 players at the same position and 2 are underclassmen that will give them pause……they will look up those kids and see if the play, what are their stats, how highly were ranked coming out of high school….it’s a big deal.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is really pathetic, and if I were a parent, I would consider it disrespectful. I’m certain the program has come at them for multiple fundraising requests - it’s the least you could do to get the damn roster up so that they can learn more about the guys their sons have been talking about in fall ball going into the season.

The roster doesn’t even have to be “finalized” or complete. Put up what you have and make changes as needed.

I’m sure there’s someone to blame in the SID office, but a coach can make sure the roster is up…if he cares.

2 Likes

As someone who has a relative on the team, it has become very disrespectful. These guys work way too hard to not get this minimal respect from the University. They don’t seem to have this problem with any other sport. It is very frustrating, to say the least. This is supposed to be a big time program. If you are, get your stuff together. I know kids on rosters all over the country and all of those programs have a roster loaded.

2 Likes

Agree 100%.

Glad that you can verify a family members point of view.

Butch, if there are any people at the function you are going to this week maybe you could mention fans, relatives of players, etc. are very put off at the least.

1 Like

It’s Bush to be kind…does ANYONE in the AD actually give a FF about the baseball program ? cause it sure as hell doesn’t appear so

1 Like

This is something I would normally say that a strong start to the season with good baseball and wins can make me forget about some of the offseason fluff stuff like lack of roster, but Im not so sure. I 100% get families and players being frustrated by something so easy like bios not being on the website a few weeks before the first pitch.

Im not a social media person, so I dont know how it compares to other programs, but the roster lacking on January 31st is certainly strange and disappointing. With that being said, lets go win some games and move on.

1 Like

I think you said it perfectly when you said “you are not a social media person.” Social Media means everything in today’s society. I know it is hard to understand, but not promoting the players can affect them in so many ways. Yes, it is all about winning games. There is no arguing against that, but let’s do everything in a way that screams this is a Power 5 program. If you are a Power 5 program then act like one. With that said, let’s win some big time games!

The roster is out and I have no idea why it has not been posted on the normal social media outlets.

1 Like

Hard to scout us if the opponents don’t know who the hell we’re playing. Genius! Of course that goes out the window after week one.

1 Like

Butch what do you mean by “out”? Us normal people without all your connections can’t seem to find it (just by looking at the one place you would be expect to find it: the roster page online)

1 Like

You only get to see it if you know the super secret handshake like Butch :shushing_face:

1 Like

Butch has it stacked on the counter w all his other whatever papers.
We need the Roster list. Nowwww!! :smiley:

1 Like

Back in the day rosters and schedules were sent to various media outlets. Doesn’t UH still have an SID and staff.
A friend of mine invited me to the baseball dinner Wednesday night so I went with him.
UH packets with a schedule, roster and stories about the program were all included.
I don’t know how to post the roster but am willing to take a picture and text it to anyone who wants it.
My biggest concern going to the dinner was how would our pitching stack up.
It remains a concern.
First baseball dinner I have ever been to. Whitting came by and shook hands with my friend the donor and didn’t even look at me.
But hey I enjoyed the steak and the folks that sat at our table. And I liked meeting the Fletcher kid and his family. He is expected to play at the AAA level for the Giants this year.
But it was cold and raining and of course we got lost and had to walk quite a bit.
Was glad to be home and back on Coogfans lol

3 Likes

I saw bunch of pics of the dinner on Twitter .
Everybody looked so happy!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::grin:

I was cold and wet from the rain and felt very out of place. But I enjoyed hearing Whitting and his staff talk along with others.
That said it went past my bed time.
Should be interesting with 7 starters back. We should get hits, steal bases and play very good defense.
Whitting said the weekend pitchers are still very much undecided.
And that to me is scary

2 Likes