2023 Roster?

I’m not sure how you don’t know who your weekend starters are at this point……I could see a coach debating between a couple of guys for Sunday, but Friday/Saturday should be locked in by now.

I agree and that was the part where I thought we may be in trouble. He said we had a lot of good arms but so many were new to the team.
From what I hear of the Texas scrimmage it would be hard to determine if any of the kids who pitched against the Horns would be of any help.
Sat with the catcher, a kid or Chicago, who told me that we have some good arms but basically no one has proved themselves yet.
I guess we will have to wait until the season starts…

1 Like

Yes, it has been out for a few weeks. A friend gave me a copy at the Cincy home hoops game. Not sure why it hasn’t been posted but pretty sure the SID has released rosters and schedules to the media like newspapers, radio and television folks.
Unfortunately baseball gets very little play by any of the local media so most probably get filed away in a trash can.
Where did we see the roster first the last few years? Someone has dropped the ball…

1 Like

It’s never good when you go to set your rotation and you have to ask yourself who has sucked less than the others. Hopefully that’s not the case.

1 Like

They have been promoting the alumni game everywhere……a roster should have been easy.

Still a clown show….feel bad for the parents and kids.

1 Like

Got a clown at the top. What else could we expect.

1 Like

They have always known who is on the roster. They have to be rostered just for security reasons/liability insurance, etc at the facility.

1 Like

Of course they have……that’s what makes it infuriating.

1 Like

Looks like someone took notice of the complaints. The 2023 roster page now has a note:

“The official 2023 baseball roster will not be released until Feb. 16.”

Nice day!

How many people are there?

Looks like 2. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

My friend and his wife were going, and that ain’t them. So there are at least four people there.

2 Likes

75-100 folks max.

Probably closer to 75.

So mainly family and friends.

Strong D3 numbers.

1 Like

I go watch Trinity now and then and they have more like 300-500 a game.

Trinity still playing good ball these days? I had a buddy that played there back in the day.

1 Like

Trinity is always solid, but Texas Lutheran has been almost as good over the last few years.

1 Like

I forgot about Lutheran. I had another high school teammate that played there. Are those two in the same conference?

1 Like