2023 Volleyball schedule rocks

Coogs win 3-0 over McNeese. Easily win the Flo Hyman Classic.

The team looks quite strong to my untutored eye. We will learn a great deal more as they spend a month on the road. Opponents include highly ranked squads like Kentucky and BYU.

3 Likes

Go Coogs!

7 Likes

I know jack about volleyball, but they look like they play damn good defense. I can’t wait to see the games against stronger B12 teams goes. I’ll definitely be at least one of the Texas matches.

2 Likes

I am really excited to go to the match between BYU and Houston.

5 Likes

Enjoy! We both can look at the Big “12” schedule and wonder how the league scheduled only one mid week game between our respective teams.

Anyway, congrats on the victory over #5 Pitt.

2 Likes

Pitt has been a thorn in our side for a while. It was good to get over the hump.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarVB/status/1696569162519244977

5 Likes

Former Coogs WVB head coach Bill Walton Joins Rise as Associate Head Coach – Grand Rapids Rise Pro Volleyball (grrise.com) of the Pro Volleyball Federation – REAL Pro Volleyball Coming 2024 .

Coogs win 1st road test. Coogs beat North Texas 3-1. After taking 1st two sets in routine fashion, they hit a rough patch, losing 3rd set and going down 14 - 6 to start fourth set. However, they found the gear box, accelerated for the rest of the set and won 25-18 (a 19-4 run).

Game was not available on any broadcast of which I was aware. Tomorrow, however, match vs. Texas State at 3 p.m. is marked as being on ESPN+.

5 Likes

I saw Texas Tech lost to Wyoming. :flushed:

1 Like

HCU gave them a hard time in their season opener.

Oooof. Bad day at Blackrock. I will skip the gory details. UH now 4-1 on the season.

Chance to right the ship at Kentucky (a preseason top 10 team that is off to a rough start, as well). Game is at Ky this Friday at 3pm. Apparently no broadcast.

What happened? That was a whooping

Yeah. Coogs looked out of focus the whole match. Tx State played well. I am going to chalk it up to one of those days and think the team will learn and get stronger.

1 Like

That was a letdown and unexpected from a team with many seniors.

1 Like

Good lineup at Purdue’s classic. AVCA’s #19 Kentucky, #20 Purdue, #21 Coogs, plus an unranked SMU that just beat #14 Baylor two days ago.

1 Like

It looks like only viewing is to subscribe to a Big10 streaming service. I followed links from uhcougars.com to, eventually, the listing of this match (which began @ 3 p.m.) to find a link to the streaming, but decided against purchasing a subscription for a single match.

At this point, after dropping set 1 25 - 21, Coogs roared backed in set 2. Coogs crush KY kittens: 25 - 18. Match even at 1 set apiece.

Coogs lose 3rd. 4th was hard fought, but Ky prevails 25 - 22, wins match 3 -1.

Looks like SMU v. UH volleyball rivalary remains intense even when meeting in odd locales. After 2 sets match tied at 1 apiece. Coogs win first 28 - 26, SMU prevails 26 - 24 in 2nd.

Coogs win set 3, 25 - 21. Set was closer than the score. Coogs with a good finishing kick to ice a back and forth set.

Coogs close match with 25 - 22 4th set win. IMHO it was important to get this win and right the ship a bit.

Next up, two mid week games in the wasteland, aka College Station. One v. the Ags, one v. Liberty before opening Big however many play at BYU.

4 Likes

Really close match, especially the 1st set. The biggest lead in the 1st was 2 points; Coogs 5x, SMU 3x.
Can’t take Liberty lightly, they beat Hawaii a couple of days ago.

2 Likes

NM. Wrong forum